I withdraw my support for RPS and eat a large slice of humble pie

Started by Huw the Poo, August 23, 2014, 03:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DennisS

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 23, 2014, 09:30:21 PM
From the tone of things at those other sites you'd think someone was trying to drive a convoy of freshly-white-painted trucks through someone else's game studio back entrance.

I see what you did there!!! It's a Russki convoy reference!!! WOOT!  :knuppel2:

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 23, 2014, 09:47:56 PM
Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on August 23, 2014, 06:49:05 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 23, 2014, 05:33:00 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 23, 2014, 04:57:55 PM
Thanks Gus! This is an oasis of calm. :)

Geek thanks for providing the summary.  The drama has spread to - and, indeed, involves - a large range of gaming websites.  It's insane on reddit right now, not to mention 4chan (surprisingly a voice of reason in this).

TotalBiscuit posted a very reasonable piece about it and was immediately flamed by the social justice fuckwits.

I wish I was at home while this is going on!

One of the benefits of being irrelevant. Grogheads avoids all of the fuss and high drama. I can see it now...Housewives of Grogheads.

I disagree. Grogheads is not irrelevant. More likely the reason is that the average game site caters to immature teens, probably due to their buying power.

sar·casm
noun \ˈsär-ˌka-zəm\
1:  a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
2:  a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual

My mistake, I thought it was modesty to the hallowed halls here. Or maybe you were trying British style understatement.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

bboyer66



[/quote]

One of the benefits of being irrelevant. Grogheads avoids all of the fuss and high drama. I can see it now...Housewives of Grogheads.
[/quote]


   LOL possible quote of the year

panzerde

The entire discussion there is just another example of how the Internet has allowed people to automate and share their inability to distinguish opinion from information.

As a technologist, this pains me greatly.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

bayonetbrant

People are rarely reasoned out of positions they weren't reasoned into.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Swatter

I removed my RPS bookmark after that boycott stuff last year. I just like reading about games. If some website or media source forgets that, they deserve it when people tune out. This latest episode sounds juicy, but ultimately as gamers we have one priority. I just bought Elite Dangerous, so I have things related to gaming to do. Latest RPS BS fading away...

undercovergeek

Quote from: Swatter on August 24, 2014, 12:54:59 PM
I removed my RPS bookmark after that boycott stuff last year.

done this afternoon, not out of protest at this latest storm in teacup but like weve all alluded to, i want to learn how to trade in Elite, how to improve at Rome II, not discuss whether armoured bikinis in RPGs mean im a mysoginist for christs sake

Boggit

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 24, 2014, 12:20:35 PM
Have we gotten to boobs and puns yet?
Apparently someone in the press was sleeping with a developer. :-X Definitely boobs are in there somewhere. ^-^
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

undercovergeek

everything referenced so far is so gentle and mild,

i googled Zoe Quinn to post a pic of her here and lo and behold there are naked pics of her very own boobs (and more) posted by the bitter ex boyfriend

so yeah, boobs

bob48

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 24, 2014, 12:20:35 PM
Have we gotten to boobs and puns yet?

Or better still, boob puns  ;)

...just trying to keep abreast of the issue....
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

panzerde

Bob, I'm disappointed that you would lower the quality of the discussion so readily in this little tit for tat!
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

mirth

Quote from: Boggit on August 24, 2014, 01:13:19 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 24, 2014, 12:20:35 PM
Have we gotten to boobs and puns yet?
Apparently someone in the press was sleeping with a developer. :-X Definitely boobs are in there somewhere. ^-^

Unfortunately it's all manboobs.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: panzerde on August 24, 2014, 02:36:40 PMBob, I'm disappointed that you would lower the quality of the discussion so readily in this little tit for tat!

If you didn't remember what quality Bawb's puns are, you've got a dreadful mammary
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers