Last Chance Special at GOG

Started by Greybriar, August 27, 2014, 03:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Greybriar

Quote from: GOG.comWe'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

Even though the games will no longer be sold by GOG.com, I have been able to download games I had purchased after they had been discontinued. So I won't hesitate to purchase any of the games I want even though I know I won't be downloading them right away.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Anguille

What happened? So many games...and the 2 Black Mirrors just came a few months/weeks ago!

-budd-

Couldn't resist Panzer elite for $1.49 . Installed and modded it, now just have to learn how to play it.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Staggerwing

Quote from: -budd- on August 27, 2014, 06:14:45 PM
Couldn't resist Panzer elite for $1.49 . Installed and modded it, now just have to learn how to play it.

Years ago my local Ocean State Job Lot store had the game on their $2.99 software shelf for months. Every time I went in I picked up another copy and must have given away most of them yet still have at least three somewhere.

So of course I also bought it from GOG as soon as it showed up there...  :idiot2:
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Quote from: Anguille on August 27, 2014, 04:54:18 PM
What happened? So many games...and the 2 Black Mirrors just came a few months/weeks ago!

Who knows.  Wouldn't be surprised if the rights were changing hands again, as they have a tendency to do.   ::)