Main Menu

Stealth Tanks

Started by DicedT, August 20, 2014, 04:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

They look great but did they ever succeed in a fight? Or even in moving and not breaking down?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on August 23, 2014, 08:42:11 AM
They look great but did they ever succeed in a fight? Or even in moving and not breaking down?

Who cares? They're like little Italian sports cars. You don't buy them for a marathon, you break them out on a Saturday night to pick up chicks!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

^Did they succeed in picking up chicks?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DicedT

Check out these the Army's drawings of the stealth tank dodging artillery shells and leaping over IEDs. It's like the tank came out of a comic book.

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/watch-the-pentagons-stealth-tank-leap-over-bombs-430b69837986

Michael

GDS_Starfury

Im not a fan of the concept at all.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


DicedT

I think there's a lot of the questions about the concept. If it works, it should be awesome. "If" being the operative word.

Michael

GDS_Starfury

I just dont see how vehicles that "light" can take the kinetic shock of being hit with modern weapons.  theres a reason why crew losses of modern western tanks have been relatively light all things considered.  its not like we're rolling Shermans up against Jagdtigers.
on the other hand we're about to start deploying railguns on our warships.  if that can be scaled down in 20 years or sooner to fit on a 2 man tank then thats a different story.

hmmmm.... no, its not.  Id rather have that gun under heavy armor.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


DicedT

But the Pentagon's point is that in the armor vs. anti-tank weapon race, the tank-killers are winning. M1s and Merkava have been knocked out, and you can't simply pile on more armor plate and still have a vehicle that you can transport and maneuver. The Army also seems concerned about having a vehicle that can negotiate urban streets.

That being said, I also would rather three feet of armor plate between me and an RPG.

The real question is whether a tank this small and light should be unmanned.

Michael

GDS_Starfury

How about this idea.
You have a heavy tank in local control of 4 drone ranks.  If the control tank is set up like a Merkava then you have the space in the back for the operators.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


DicedT

Good idea! They're already looking at manned/unmanned teaming for aircraft, where the pilot controls a swarm of drones.

GDS_Starfury

I dont like the idea of one person controlling multiple armed drones.  That just leads to information overload.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Mr. Bigglesworth

Depends on how much data is converted to info for the person. If the drones send differnt area data, which computers use to generate a live map, all the person has to do is decide what virtual enemy units to mark. Then the computers send the most available unit to hit it. Imagine a giant screen where the person marks Xs with a stylus.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

eyebiter

.
#29
.