Main Menu

Russian MMOs

Started by ArizonaTank, August 29, 2014, 11:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ArizonaTank

With the Ukraine crisis heating up, I am wondering what effect if any there will be on Europe/US use of Russian MMOs and software services:  War Thunder (Gaijin), and Rise of Flight (777) come immediately to mind. 

if Vlad the Inscrutable decides to take the plunge across the border, I think the internet continues to run, unless Russia or somebody decides that cyber war is the way to go.  Payment services like paypal and credit card companies may put a moratorium on payment processing.  What would steam do with the ton of Russian based content they have? If anything.   

Even if everything continues to run as normal, and the situation clearly would not be Gaijin's or 777's fault, I personally would not be able to continue to support Russian businesses.   
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GDS_Starfury

Fwiw I've never spent a dime in WoT specifically vecause its a Russian company and I dont like them having any financial information of mine.

Im also good enough to not have to.  :knuppel2:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


endfire79

I'm pretty sure developers from other countries can pick up the slack, Russia doesn't have a monopoly on it. I've lived without WoT & WoP for a few months now (still living  :) )
"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."