FRIDAY is here people...roll up...roll up...

Started by JudgeDredd, September 05, 2014, 04:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2014, 10:35:44 AM
Yes I've been playing Farming Giant and yes it's fun and yes it's a hell of a complex economic simulator.  I'd like to thank UCG and Huw for busting my balls with Steam tells as I was struggling to remember how to actually buy a tractor and truck.

I did promise to keep it secret

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2014, 10:35:44 AM
I'd like to thank UCG and Huw for busting my balls with Steam tells as I was struggling to remember how to actually buy a tractor and truck.

I said what needed to be said.

Bison

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 06, 2014, 01:58:36 PM
Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2014, 10:35:44 AM
I'd like to thank UCG and Huw for busting my balls with Steam tells as I was struggling to remember how to actually buy a tractor and truck.

I said what needed to be said.

FYI I haven't run into any major bugs or glitches so far beyond my own agricultural ignorance.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2014, 03:12:35 PM
FYI I haven't run into any major bugs or glitches so far beyond my own agricultural ignorance.

Oh really?  That's good to hear.  The developer has been pretty slated for it from what I've seen.  Perhaps they managed to patch it up well.

Barthheart

Quote from: bob48 on September 05, 2014, 04:13:18 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on September 05, 2014, 02:19:35 PM
Boardgaming this weekend. 5 buddies are descending on my place fer the weekend. Much beer and gaming. Mostly an epic game of AH's Advanced Civilization. Maybe some Road Kill Rally, Munchkin, Frag, Wings of War thrown in for light fillers.

Which reminds me - have you had chance to play 'Unconditional Surrender' yet?

Yes ..... some. I had it set up and was starting the full campaign but then had to take it all down for this gaming weekend. I'll have another go soon and try to put a small game play AAR up here.

Tuna

A mix of Rome II, FELH and FSX. Football starts today and gonna miss the first game, going to a Bday Party  :-[

MetalDog

Spent most of my computer time yesterday with To End All Wars.  It's unfortunate that the Tutorial and the small scenario are both of Tannenberg and both only seven turns long.  I didn't learn very much.  I read the entire manual and then chose the historical Grand Campaign.  Talk about overwhelming!  But I have confidence that I will get it under control.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

undercovergeek

Elite so far..... found a good trading triangle, I say found - I can't get past it without an upgrade to hauler which should be later today - docked in the middle of a massive space fight yesterday, awesome to watch

Sparta in Rome 2 later and the eradication of pontus but they're massive

JudgeDredd

just make sure you don't hit the station wall with your Hauler!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Gusington

Admiring my massive Pontus again, are you?

I also fired up To End All Wars yesterday and only had time for two tutorial turns. Finally excited to start an AGEOD game after all these years. Hopefully I can summon the mental strength to stick with it, especially with all the other gaming candy floating around.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on September 07, 2014, 08:01:57 AM
Admiring my massive Pontus again, are you?

Always...... it's an impressive achievement

Seriously, I don't know how they start but they look to be spread all the way from Ephesus to the end of the map

W8taminute

Quote from: MetalDog on September 07, 2014, 07:44:31 AM
Spent most of my computer time yesterday with To End All Wars.  It's unfortunate that the Tutorial and the small scenario are both of Tannenberg and both only seven turns long.  I didn't learn very much.  I read the entire manual and then chose the historical Grand Campaign.  Talk about overwhelming!  But I have confidence that I will get it under control.

If it makes you feel any better I've been stuck on turn 3 of the grand campaign since I bought the game on day one.  It's not that I don't know how to play, it's the information overload that fries my brain after only 10 minutes of pondering what to do and where everything is. 

Honestly I think these wonderfully colourful maps are very distracting when trying to see the big picture.  Even when you set the filter to show national ownership (which I don't think this game has actually) you still can't make heads or tails of where the borders and frontlines are.  Those beautiful artworks on the map territories catch my eye for some reason and I can't stop staring at them.  I'm getting old... :buck2:
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MetalDog

Was just telling Kushan that I am going to learn this.  I'm with Gus, I wanted to like the last AGEod game I tried, but it seemed like a LOT of work.  For some reason, this conflict has caught my eye and I know I will go through with learning it.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

FWIW W8, IIRC there is a national ownership overlay in To End All Wars. Pretty sure I fiddled with it yesterday.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

I've been sick as a dog this past week (this is the first time since Monday I've felt less than utterly miserable), so I've had little energy for games til now.   

I finally was able to play some more of my stalled Cardassian campaign in Birth of the Federation this morning.  In addition, thanks to airboy's glowing review, I'm feeling inspired to get in a little time with Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes whilst simultaneously watching the Vikings game this afternoon.  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces