Any Scottish here?

Started by DicedT, September 04, 2014, 04:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

airboy

Quote from: DicedT on September 04, 2014, 04:08:05 PM
Someone who knows Scottish military history?

Michael

I know a lot about Scottish Military History - for those Scots who emigrated to North America in the 1600s and fought in the Indian Wars and in the Revolutionary War.  I'm of Scottish descent, and have a Scottish last name.  But I don't drink Scotch or play golf any longer.

But I know almost nothing about Scottish military history in Scotland itself.

I also will apologize for all those people who hijacked your question into pun-land.

MetalDog

If only apologizing would bring an end to it.  :(
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

We will see a lasting peace in the Middle East first. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

GDS_Starfury

Those who make puns get off scot free.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


LongBlade

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 07, 2014, 03:50:14 PM
Those who make puns get off scot free.

You know what they say about the best laid plaids.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

thanks for reminding me.
I need to get to the dentist and have these tartan deposits scaled.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


LongBlade

Quote from: airboy on September 07, 2014, 02:13:53 PM
I also will apologize for all those people who hijacked your question into pun-land.

Puns are evil. It will be a blackwatch tonight.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

4 pages and no boobs.
we're either slipping or taking it seriously.
either way it just kilts me.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


MetalDog

It's all the puns.  See what happens when you turn your thoughts to mental pursuits rather than physical?  Pretty soon, you won't have anything left to get physical with.  Personally, whether your junk shrivels and becomes useless is your business, but, it would serve you right for all the damn puns!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


MetalDog

If that's all it took to get rid of the puns, they would have been gone a long time ago.  No, puns and cockroaches will be the only things that survive the Apocalypse.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: MetalDog on September 07, 2014, 11:00:36 PM
If that's all it took to get rid of the puns, they would have been gone a long time ago.  No, puns and cockroaches will be the only things that survive the Apunalypse.

fixed  O0
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


MikeGER

the latest entry in Scottish history: a 1:2 loss against German soccer team last eve in Dortmund ;)
They fought well, and its was not a milkrun for the Weltmeister

undercovergeek

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 07, 2014, 09:39:21 PM
thanks for reminding me.
I need to get to the dentist and have these tartan deposits scaled.
[/quote

piss poor - never was a pun more convoluted and shiiiite

MetalDog

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 07, 2014, 11:08:30 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 07, 2014, 11:00:36 PM
If that's all it took to get rid of the puns, they would have been gone a long time ago.  No, puns and cockroaches will be the only things that survive the Apunalypse.

fixed  O0


There may be more of you...


Quote from: undercovergeek on September 08, 2014, 03:09:40 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 07, 2014, 09:39:21 PM
thanks for reminding me.
I need to get to the dentist and have these tartan deposits scaled.

piss poor - never was a pun more convoluted and shiiiite


...but we have some, too.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob