Light The Night 2014

Started by Smuckatelli, June 25, 2014, 07:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MikeGER

...looks like you can have a personalized Rainbow Loom Band to go with your Lemonade instead  ;)

Smuckatelli

Tomas had the final Lemonade Stand for the year last Saturday. Ended up raising $172.81, between the three stands this summer they raised $817.00.

My company ended up letting go a significant amount of employees and giving a 13% pay cut to the rest. I wasn't effected by that but it did dry out a good amount of annual donations.

The good news is that you guys really came to the plate this year as you do every year. The difference this year was that there were a lot of friends of Grogheads that gave.

Next Monday I'll give a full report on how the walk went.

http://pages.lightthenight.org/va/Frdrcksb14/TeamTomas

Jarhead0331

#17
I really hope the people I spoke with came through for Tomas.  I went as high as a State Senator who promised to make a donation. He better have followed through!!!

By the way, I drafted a letter that i sent to my personal and professional networks. Here it is below...if anyone wants to copy and resend it to your contacts, please do! I strongly encourage it.

Quote
All Hands:

I do not normally do this, but a close friend is in great need of assistance.

On September 6, 2007, Tomas Nichols was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. At the time he was 5 years old.  On November 9, 2010, Tomas took his last chemo treatment.  Overall, his treatment consisted of 5 bone marrow scrapes, 23 spinal taps, monthly steroid pulses, daily chemo drugs and uncountable hospital visits.

Tomas is a survivor, but so many others continue to lose the battle. Tomas has now dedicated his young life to raising money to fight this terrible disease.  To date, through Tomas' inspirational efforts, his Team has raised almost $56,000.

No doubt, Tomas inherited his fighting spirit, dedication and desire to serve from his father Paul, who retired as a Gunnery Sergeant with more than 25 years of active service in the United States Marine Corps.

This year, Tomas has set a very modest goal of raising $9,462.76. If he can reach this goal, he will have raised $65,000.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could make a contribution to Team Tomas, no matter how small. Every little bit helps.

This is the website where you can make your donation:  http://pages.lightthenight.org/va/Frdrcksb14/TeamTomas

It is quick and easy to make a gift that will make such a difference.

Thank you for your time and generosity.

Semper Fi.

i hope I got most of the facts right. I also included some photos of Tomas and the Light the Night events through the years. Let me know if you would like the photos to include in your mailing.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


bayonetbrant

shared on GH FB page.  JH- I borrowed some of your verbiage :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Smuckatelli

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 07, 2014, 08:54:25 AM
I really hope the people I spoke with came through for Tomas.

I don't know what to say, you did bring a tear to my eyes.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Smuckatelli on October 07, 2014, 11:23:06 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 07, 2014, 08:54:25 AM
I really hope the people I spoke with came through for Tomas.

I don't know what to say, you did bring a tear to my eyes.

you sure that's not just b/c he hasn't showered in a week? :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Smuckatelli

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 07, 2014, 11:58:37 AM
Quote from: Smuckatelli on October 07, 2014, 11:23:06 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 07, 2014, 08:54:25 AM
I really hope the people I spoke with came through for Tomas.

I don't know what to say, you did bring a tear to my eyes.

you sure that's not just b/c he hasn't showered in a week? :)

could be from that avatar that you are uussiinngg....

Smuckatelli

Last Saturday we had what was probably the best walk so far. 44 people showed up and walked with the team. The transitions from one event to the next was extremely smooth. The walk route was about a mile and a half but everyone stayed on the sidewalk so there was one continuous line of lanterns, rough estimate is that there was about 600 people total.'

Tomas was the top fund raiser.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers