Main Menu

The Go Bag

Started by GDS_Starfury, August 23, 2012, 09:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 20, 2013, 01:45:44 PM
I've been revisiting the idea of my various go-bags / everyday carry / car bags in large part b/c I have some re-packing to do in the car now that I need to change sizes on the kids clothes in there, and I'm keeping more munchies in there for when my daughter and I are cruising around

I'll posts some lists / thoughts / photos later

We've had to adjust a bit with the change to a colder, less hospitable winter clime. There's now a heavy coat in the car for half a year, and I bought my wife a down comforter (thanks, Eddie Bauer) to keep in the back of her vehicle.

I've also taken to stomping around in my muck boots while there's snow on the ground.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

#53
All you need is 5 amps to charge a kindle so a small home made solar panel is enough. Then you still can have entire libraries of technological knowhow at your disposal after all the paper books have burned for fuel. With few moving parts (especially for the e-ink kind) and barring accidents the Kindle could last for many years.

Assuming you were smart enough to have downloaded the files ahead of time, that is.  :))



(Here's a trickle charger panel that would be a nice addition to any large go-bag setup. Hook it up to a cigarette-lighter socket usb plug and away you go.... http://www.homedepot.com/p/Coleman-6-Watt-12-Volt-Solar-Battery-Maintainer-58022/203241530?MERCH=REC-_-PIPHorizontal1-1-_-NA-_-203241530-_-N)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 03, 2014, 05:40:32 PM
All you need is 5 amps to charge a kindle so a small home made solar panel is enough. Then you still can have entire libraries of technological knowhow at your disposal after all the paper books have burned for fuel. With few moving parts (especially for the e-ink kind) and barring accidents the Kindle could last for many years.

Assuming you were smart enough to have downloaded the files ahead of time, that is.  :))



(Here's a trickle charger panel that would be a nice addition to any large go-bag setup. Hook it up to a cigarette-lighter socket usb plug and away you go.... http://www.homedepot.com/p/Coleman-6-Watt-12-Volt-Solar-Battery-Maintainer-58022/203241530?MERCH=REC-_-PIPHorizontal1-1-_-NA-_-203241530-_-N)

Good point.

That $40 solar charger is a v good idea.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GDS_Starfury

I want underware made out of paracord.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


bayonetbrant

borrow them from mirth
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GDS_Starfury

cant.

thats what I tied him up with.   ::)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.