FRIDAY is here people...roll up...roll up...

Started by JudgeDredd, September 05, 2014, 04:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

^What's wrong with you? Feel better. My allergies are kicking up again today after a very hot day of drill yesterday.

After I edited Airboy's very good review I quickly bought some DLC for the copy of FE you got for me and moved it way up in my to-game queue.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on September 07, 2014, 01:25:20 PM
^What's wrong with you? Feel better. My allergies are kicking up again today after a very hot day of drill yesterday.
I'm pretty sure it's just a cold (albeit a real bitch of a one), with maybe a touch of bronchitis thrown in.  I come down with something every year around this time. 



Quote from: Gusington on September 07, 2014, 01:25:20 PM
After I edited Airboy's very good review I quickly bought some DLC for the copy of FE you got for me and moved it way up in my to-game queue.
Which DLC did you get?  I still haven't gotten around to picking up any yet, but I keep thinking I should. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

WYBaugh

Quote from: Martok on September 07, 2014, 02:44:30 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 07, 2014, 01:25:20 PM
^What's wrong with you? Feel better. My allergies are kicking up again today after a very hot day of drill yesterday.
I'm pretty sure it's just a cold (albeit a real bitch of a one), with maybe a touch of bronchitis thrown in.  I come down with something every year around this time. 



Quote from: Gusington on September 07, 2014, 01:25:20 PM
After I edited Airboy's very good review I quickly bought some DLC for the copy of FE you got for me and moved it way up in my to-game queue.
Which DLC did you get?  I still haven't gotten around to picking up any yet, but I keep thinking I should.


Huw the Poo

Quote from: Martok on September 07, 2014, 12:47:25 PM
I've been sick as a dog this past week (this is the first time since Monday I've felt less than utterly miserable), so I've had little energy for games til now.   

:(

Sorry to hear that Martok.  Get better soon!

Toonces

Man alive, I seem to have the whole day to myself and I can't figure out what to play!  I hate when that happens!   :tickedoff:

Ok, I need to focus, get off the damn forums, and figure this out.  STAT!   :-\
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Martok

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 07, 2014, 03:37:24 PM
Quote from: Martok on September 07, 2014, 12:47:25 PM
I've been sick as a dog this past week (this is the first time since Monday I've felt less than utterly miserable), so I've had little energy for games til now.   

:(

Sorry to hear that Martok.  Get better soon!
Thanks Huw.  Working on it.  :) 




Quote from: Toonces on September 07, 2014, 03:43:38 PM
Man alive, I seem to have the whole day to myself and I can't figure out what to play!  I hate when that happens!   :tickedoff:

Ok, I need to focus, get off the damn forums, and figure this out.  STAT!   :-\
I find this is often a good time to spend time with a game I haven't played much yet, but have wanted to get into. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

I got the heroes pack, the loot pack and the dead world pack for FE.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on September 07, 2014, 12:17:06 PM
FWIW W8, IIRC there is a national ownership overlay in To End All Wars. Pretty sure I fiddled with it yesterday.

Thanks for the tip.  I found the button that turns this layer on and boy am I able to see clearly now. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MetalDog

Quote from: W8taminute on September 08, 2014, 10:19:57 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 07, 2014, 12:17:06 PM
FWIW W8, IIRC there is a national ownership overlay in To End All Wars. Pretty sure I fiddled with it yesterday.

Thanks for the tip.  I found the button that turns this layer on and boy am I able to see clearly now.

Post a screenie here of what you are talking about and how you did it.  In case I am missing something.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

On my phone right now so no screenie but IIRC all of the overlay options are on a small bar at the lower right of the screen.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Pontus offered a peace deal as soon as i booted up the campaign - ill take that as i want to go west although the full campaign objectives say all that land needs to be Spartan

took Knossos to unite the Helenic states of Athens, Sparta, Knossos

I now have 4 main armies marching north to take Getea then i border Rome for real

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

athens wiped majority of their forces taking Pella from them, i walked round the back and took the rest and then kicked Athens out of Pella - tis all sparta from sparta to Ephesus on the other coast, stopped at Side in the east and currently heading on up to Etruscan League, i have 23 provinces so far

may be a no brainer for others but ive just discovered the difference between offense and defense - the spartan pikemen will stop dead any force in its tracks but it has real difficulty actually killing those forces. The agora veterans and spartan blades on the other hand are mindless killing machines but crap on defense. Case in point i had 2 sieges yesterday, the first one i scaled the walls with pikemen who climb up but cant go anywhere and they cant make gaps to get other troops in behind the defenders - almost lost that battle. This was my first fight against a good sized band of missile troops, athens, macedonia and pontus have all been about the spears but the getea are definitely more swords and slingers and they wittled the pikemen down to nothing in some cases

battle 2 i sent the swordsmen up the ladders first, total carnage, broke a vastly superior defense within minutes and then let the pikemen come in to slowly trample the survivors

im tempted to go full on swords with melee bonuses from the generals because watching them hack through everything but cavalry was great - and i have spartan royal horses for that

still learning, and still a great game

Gusington

So in the sieges it sounds like you are getting more gooder AI behavior, eh?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

get a room.. or move this to the Rome II thread!!!  :crazy2: lol. or do I have the wrong game?