Worlds of Magic Project Update #41

Started by Greybriar, August 25, 2014, 03:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Greybriar

Early Access to Worlds of Magic is being offered by GamersGate for $35.99 for the next 6 days, 13 hours, and 48 minutes.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Tpek

Quote from: doomtrader on August 30, 2014, 06:05:11 AM
This is going to be Early Access release in beta stage.

The backers STEAM keys should be sent on 4th.

Well, the 5th is slowly coming to an end I still don't have mine, while I see others already got it. :(

steve58

^Me either, but hopefully we'll see something today.

Quote
We are going to send you an email today with information how to get the keys.
Also an update will be posted


http://steamcommunity.com/app/265970/discussions/0/616187203957037335/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Greybriar

Quote from: Tpek on September 05, 2014, 11:44:52 AM

Well, the 5th is slowly coming to an end I still don't have mine, while I see others already got it. :(

Did you check your Spam?

Does Wastelands have the correct email address?
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Tpek

Through Kickstarter and the rewards survey they do.
And it's not in the Spam folder.

Tpek


steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bbmike

So......thoughts, impressions, etc. etc.???
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Gamersgate sent me a generic 20% off discount code for any one purchase.  Used it for WOM.  Some of you Gamersgate users should probably check your email to see if you have the discount code.

It's a Steam key and the Steam release is sometime today.  Not sure when I'll get around to checking it out, but figured I should take advantage of my discount code and the early access discount for WOM in unison at GG.

tgb

I got the same thing.  Not sure yet if I will be using it for Worlds of Magic since between the AoW expansion and Endless Legends hitting next week, plus the Sovereignty beta, I'm in magic up to my tuchus. I'll probably hold off to see if GG gets Wasteland II, and use it for that.

bbmike

Don't wait too long that 20% code expires October 12!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Dread Rlyeh

Quote from: bbmike on September 07, 2014, 07:08:29 PM
So......thoughts, impressions, etc. etc.???
Just got it installed (Steam) and unfortunately won't have time play for a bit.  Fingers crossed that this is the 2nd coming of MoM.  12 schools of magic... some similar fantasy 4x titles have closer to 12 spells total.  They seem to have laid the groundwork (well copied the groundwork) for a great game, but the execution wrt AI, balance, etc will be the kicker.   

I am seeing some bugs - NullReferenceExceptions apparently - whether this has any significant impact on gameplay remains to be seen.  Might be a bit early to dive in.  Anyway, at this stage I'm cautiously optimistic and I'm fine with supporting this game even if the final product doesn't quite reach what they are aiming for.  At least it isn't dumbed-down console trash like XCOM Overwatchâ„¢.  Now, if someone can just remake Starflight!

The wiki page has lots of info for those interested in the game. 
http://wastelands-interactive.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page