Main Menu

Friday Is A Happy Day

Started by tgb, September 12, 2014, 01:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

I'm also going to try Strife since it's just entered open beta and has a native 64-bit Linux client.

Nefaro

Quote from: sandman2575 on September 12, 2014, 12:11:24 PM
Spending most of my time these days with Wings Over Flanders Fields. With the self-shadowing DX9 mod and SweetFX, the game looks incredibly good, nearly as nice as Rise of Flight. And the dogfights in WOFF!  Vs. AI in RoF, I nearly always feel like I'm in control of the situation.  In WOFF, AI is a completely different (and far more dangerous) beast. Fantastic game.


I've been getting the itch to play WOFF again too.  I've already put more time into it than all other flight sims in the past fifteen years combined.  Was hoping to see the Zeppelin/Bomber expansion before long.

steve58

Not sure, was going to get into Worlds of Magic, but right now its not much fun with enemy units spamming my city almost from the get-go, so maybe Making History The Great War or even World War 1 Centennial Edition since I need to grab that shortly...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Martok

Hope to play some combination of the following (and as always, I'll be lucky if I end up spending time with even half of these):  The Sovereignty beta, Distant Worlds: Universe, Rome II, Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, Birth of the Federation, and/or Commander: The Great War. 




Quote from: Sir Slash on September 12, 2014, 09:28:06 AM
I'm battling the Nervi in Rome 2 and Weeds in the backyard. Both very tough opponents who specialize in camouflage and ambush tactics and will quickly spread out of control. Chemical warfare for both along with a helping of Bee-Hive Ballistas to finish the job. Losses could be high and so alcohol has been stockpiled for treatment... internal and external. ::)
LOL.  Good luck to both! 




Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on September 12, 2014, 01:56:50 PM

Quote from: Gusington on September 12, 2014, 02:16:07 PM
That sums it all up well.
I wish.  Some of us only get weekends off when we specifically request it.  :( 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bbmike

Quote from: Toonces on September 12, 2014, 01:13:32 PM
So many choices....   :(

I agree, but enjoy it! I remember a time when we lived in a strategy game desert!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Tuna

Playing PON with SDR and UCG. Maybe some Rome II, maybe some flights..

Gusington

Way to bring the room down Martok!

Nefaro did you get the email from the WOFF developers about a week ago? The zeppelin pack is imminent, hopefully by the end of the year.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

I spent my Friday evening watching youtube.  I mostly news bloopers, old Maddox videos, and how to grow aquarium plants.  I really need to find a game that holds my attention for more than 5 seconds before I begin thinking why the hell am I playing this?  It's not even fun.  Gaming doldrums suck.

Anyway I found this one particularly funny:

Gusington

^Jeez and I thought Martok brought the room down.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

It's funny if you have a few minutes of life or possibly work to waste...



Don't judge me people!

GDS_Starfury

one of the best South Park episodes ever.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on September 12, 2014, 08:31:47 PM
Way to bring the room down Martok!

Nefaro did you get the email from the WOFF developers about a week ago? The zeppelin pack is imminent, hopefully by the end of the year.

Wait, what!?! Crewable?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

So far it's just been testing some campaign files in BMS Falcon that I'm designing.  I'm about ready to move on to something else...maybe CMANO or M2TW.

I've been considering starting up a new campaign, either vanilla or the Britannia campaign for a while.  I can't believe I've never finished either of them!

I'm also looking at playing some more Mount and Blade: Warband.  I'm a big fan of the cRPG mod, even though I totally suck at it.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs