Main Menu

Friday Is A Happy Day

Started by tgb, September 12, 2014, 01:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pinetree

I'm working tonight but I'll also do some work on my West Berlin map for FCRS and maybe have a quick blat on Arma3.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

KyzBP

Somewhere between watching kids play soccer and watching my fantasy football team dominate Wild E's Coyotes in the Groghead Pro League I'll be preparing for the inaugural season of the Groghead Vassal Blood Bowl League (http://vabbl.org/wordpress) by playing some Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition.

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on September 12, 2014, 08:31:47 PM

Nefaro did you get the email from the WOFF developers about a week ago? The zeppelin pack is imminent, hopefully by the end of the year.

Yes!

Looking forward to shooting some of the big targets down in the future.  8)  Or just getting shot in the face by the very capable enemy gunners.

Bison

Broke through the complete gaming stagnation with some Diablo 3 and replayed AJE the tutorial.  Frankly the AJE tutorial pissed me off because it reminded me that Ageod broke away from the original intent of the AJE series to have basically battle/era packs that you could buy and add to a SINGLE base game.  Instead they adopted the development of multiple base games using multiple installs to play, which still annoys me and was not really made better by the patch to play other BOR and whatnot scenarios from the base AJE game if they have their own install on your hard drive.  Not to mention my pre-order serial number is NOT recognized by Slitherine or Matrix as a valid serial number which will result in several emails to hopefully correct.  Why Ageod do you torment me so?

Bison

Of course that reminded me of a classic gaming track...

endfire79

Quote from: Bison on September 13, 2014, 11:45:45 AM
Broke through the complete gaming stagnation with some Diablo 3 and replayed AJE the tutorial.  Frankly the AJE tutorial pissed me off because it reminded me that Ageod broke away from the original intent of the AJE series to have basically battle/era packs that you could buy and add to a SINGLE base game.  Instead they adopted the development of multiple base games using multiple installs to play, which still annoys me and was not really made better by the patch to play other BOR and whatnot scenarios from the base AJE game if they have their own install on your hard drive.  Not to mention my pre-order serial number is NOT recognized by Slitherine or Matrix as a valid serial number which will result in several emails to hopefully correct.  Why Ageod do you torment me so?

Were you planning to go as Caesar or Pompey?
"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."

Bison

I played as Caesar, which is the side the tutorial is built to play as.  I like AJE, but the breaking up of the game series is what annoys me.  Pre-orders got the Spartacus scenario as part of being an early adopter, which if I had to reinstall would take more emails to get from Ageod. 

endfire79

Sounds like a painful process  :(

The Nameless One would also grunt his approval!
"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."

BanzaiCat

Unboxed Fire in the Lake and have been reading the rules...a very interesting read too. Hope to get this to the table soon. But I want to get another B29 mission in at the start of next week sometime. Wanted to buy Banner Saga but got too busy and missed the sale...  :'(

PanzersEast

Quote from: Nefaro on September 13, 2014, 10:10:38 AM
Quote from: Gusington on September 12, 2014, 08:31:47 PM

Nefaro did you get the email from the WOFF developers about a week ago? The zeppelin pack is imminent, hopefully by the end of the year.

Yes!

Looking forward to shooting some of the big targets down in the future.  8)  Or just getting shot in the face by the very capable enemy gunners.


I would pick up WOFF but I don't have Combat Flight Simulator 3.  ::)

PE

Gusington

^A copy on DVD should be available at Amazon for ~10.00.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on September 13, 2014, 01:32:18 PM
^A copy on DVD should be available at Amazon for ~10.00.

I got a CD-ROM version for about $8 from Amazon IIRC.  WOFF runs without the need for it, after installing CFS3.   Ain't nuthin but a G-spot, baby!

Gusington

Isn't it the DVD version that runs without the disk?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on September 13, 2014, 08:40:36 PM
Isn't it the DVD version that runs without the disk?

They both do.  You just need to have CFS3 installed on your hard drive.

Gusington

The older copies of CFS3 on CD needed the CD in the drive, I thought.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd