Warlock Multiplayer thread

Started by MetalDog, November 25, 2012, 12:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Barthheart

BC, sounds like you have a good grip on things. I've only got 50 some hours in the game.


Tuna

It doesn't take any amount of training to get invaded by MD.. it will just happen... He get's the Volcano perk very quickly in game!

MetalDog

Now, Tuna, don't go giving away all my secrets and scaring the suckers,...I mean, worthy opponents.  ;)

Truly, though, all that's needed is the desire to play and the commitment to play every Sunday and AAR it until we finish.  Who's in?  Sound off.  Would like to start this tomorrow if possible.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Quote from: MetalDog on September 27, 2014, 10:00:07 AM
Now, Tuna, don't go giving away all my secrets and scaring the suckers,...I mean, worthy opponents.  ;)



Are you trying to say that BarthHeart's neighborhood being trashed by lava was a Natural Occurrence and you didn't have enough time in game to research that power?  I thought it was a MD super power!  O0

BanzaiCat

Hmmm...interesting.

Because *I* am quite taken by the Volcano spell myself and use it often on the AI.

Though I think my new favorite spell is Armageddon.  >:D

bob48

I'll honestly try, but I most likely won't be on until a couple of hours later, so best not count me as a definite  :(

Just checked on Steam - I have 573 hours on the game.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

Why not just see who shows up at 0700 tomorrow morning and post in here if you're ready to go? Just in case some cannot make it.

Tuna

Banzai, I'm just kidding around.. I think BarthHeart's volcanic demise was a natural occurrence, we were not far enough into the game for MD to have researched it....  Of course, MD being the competitor that he is, did not delay in taking advantage of the situation!  :knuppel2:

BanzaiCat

That's kind of funny you say that, because in my VERY first game of Warlock, I had Volcano very early on. Didn't cast it because it cost so much mana, but a bit later I did just to see what it would do. Impressive to say the least.   :coolsmiley:

Tuna

lol.. hmm maybe he did have it then.. I guess you could by 'luck'.. I thought BarthHeart said it was just 'where he was spawned'....

Tuna

And don't get me wrong.. MD is the BEST person you could play MP with.. because he is always willing so share his immense knowledge in the game. And the Banter that goes on in MP is always fun!  O0

BanzaiCat

That sounds like fun. Is there live chat in the game via voice? I've never done that, not with any game. I actually have a headset from doing voiceover work for my day job.

I think it's random how the spells come available for research. My second game was nothing like my first in terms of available spells, which I REALLY like. The tech tree stuff in Civ V is totally foreseeable of course, but in this game you just don't seem to know what's coming next. If there is some kind of logical progression in what becomes available, I've not seen the pattern yet.

MetalDog

Very kind words, Tuna.  And correct, too.  I am very willing to share whatever knowledge I have.  The more people know, the more enjoyment they get out of the experience.  And that's what we play for, right?  To have a good time?

As for research generally and Volcano specifically, there is no rhyme or reason for how the spells are presented for research and in what order that I can discern.  And Barthheart spawned near all that lava.  I did not drop it on him.  Although, Tuna is again right in stating that I took advantage of the situation.

Yes, you can voice chat during the game.  Steam is great to use for just that reason.  I have a headset, too and will plug in.  I warn you though, I have a filthy mouth, so if you have kids, keep the external speakers off.  As for tomorrow, I am good with B_C's suggestion.  Be there at 7am CST sharp if you want in.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

I do recall that you used to let the odd expletive slip while we were playing........... :2funny:
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

Just watch your f*ckin' mouth, g*ddammit.  O0