Downed WWII P-40 Found in Desert

Started by meadbelly, May 11, 2012, 08:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Gusington

Awesome, very Spielbergian. Thanks for posting!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on May 12, 2012, 12:28:58 PM
Awesome, very Spielbergian. Thanks for posting!

That's what I thought too. Reminded me of the opening of Close Encounters with that flight of Avengers they found in the desert.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

Quote from: mirth on May 12, 2012, 12:33:37 PM
Quote from: Gusington on May 12, 2012, 12:28:58 PM
Awesome, very Spielbergian. Thanks for posting!

That's what I thought too. Reminded me of the opening of Close Encounters with that flight of Avengers they found in the desert.

I could be wrong but I believe that I read somewhere that there are no Avengers nor Dauntless aircraft left anywhere. Hopefully that's not true, I'd love to see either or both in a museum somewhere.

mirth

Apparently quite a few Avengers survived the war with many used as water-bombers in places like New Brunswick (maybe some of our Canadian brethren have insight on that).

This is a video of Avengers operating at an airfield in NB taken in 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx4UujXboIU&feature=related

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

Quote from: mirth on May 12, 2012, 07:57:30 PM
Apparently quite a few Avengers survived the war with many used as water-bombers in places like New Brunswick (maybe some of our Canadian brethren have insight on that).

This is a video of Avengers operating at an airfield in NB taken in 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx4UujXboIU&feature=related

I'm glad to be wrong. Must have been the Dauntless I was thinking of. Thanks for the vid!

MIGMaster

Quote from: mirth on May 12, 2012, 07:57:30 PM
Apparently quite a few Avengers survived the war with many used as water-bombers in places like New Brunswick (maybe some of our Canadian brethren have insight on that).

This is a video of Avengers operating at an airfield in NB taken in 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx4UujXboIU&feature=related

Actually, saw some of these puppies in action at the Shearwater International airshow - can't remember what year ? They all seem to blur together.

Gusington

Mirth it was exactly Close Encounters that I was thinking of. The first hour of that movie is so awesomely creepy!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd