85% OFF -- Paradox Steam Sale Now Until Oct 6

Started by OJsDad, October 02, 2014, 01:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


sandman2575

I see "Pirates of the Black Cove" on sale for -155%, or $-5.51.  Talk about a sale!  "We'll pay you to buy this crappy game!"

Seriously though, anyone who doesn't own both Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV -- pick 'em both up for under $20.  A steal if ever there were one.

bob48

Oh buggrit! Warlock 2.............

I must resist.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

#3
Knights of Pen And Paper +1 Edition is a good little game, especially if you spent any time playing RPGs in the 80s/early 90s.

Quote
Quote from: bob48 on October 02, 2014, 01:59:57 PM
Oh buggrit! Warlock 2.............

I must resist.

Futility...

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

The entire Victoria collection for $5.99. So don't need it. So gonna buy it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

WallysWorld

#6
Thanks for the heads-up, OJsDad.

Time to top off my EU IV DLC's.

I really like how the new Steam client highlights the games that you don't have and dims the ones that you have in your library. Makes it a lot easier to search for DLC's I don't have.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

bbmike

Knights of Honor for $1.50 is great deal. On older game yes but really, really fun.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

RyanE

I saw Sword of Stars...I never played that.  Is it any good?  I have always wanted to try it.  The cost in $ doesn't bother me as much as time.

Same with Victoria 1/2

mirth

Quote from: RyanE on October 02, 2014, 03:22:31 PM
I saw Sword of Stars...I never played that.  Is it any good?  I have always wanted to try it.  The cost in $ doesn't bother me as much as time.

Same with Victoria 1/2

You won't have time for either. Just buy them and forget about it. :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Father Ted

I bought EU III in the last sale to see if I liked it before considering buying EUIV.  I haven't played it yet but I'll probably buy EUIV this weekend anyway (and not play it).

PanzersEast

Quote from: RyanE on October 02, 2014, 03:22:31 PM
I saw Sword of Stars...I never played that.  Is it any good?  I have always wanted to try it.  The cost in $ doesn't bother me as much as time.

Same with Victoria 1/2

Sword of the Stars 2?  I would say no, not worth it.  It does not come close to Distant Worlds and the game overall is just a mess.  The UI is setup for a crack induced gamer.... regardless of all the launch issues, the game even after being patched and up to date is still not worth it as AI issues still remain and again the UI is just a mess.  Great concept that went down and never recovered.

I think Victoria 2 with the two major DLCs is a better game than EU IV.

PE

BanzaiCat

All for sale! All for sale! All for sale!

...sorry, was channeling Doctor Detroit there for a moment.

Wolfe1759

Quote from: PanzersEast on October 02, 2014, 03:53:06 PM
Quote from: RyanE on October 02, 2014, 03:22:31 PM
I saw Sword of Stars...I never played that.  Is it any good?  I have always wanted to try it.  The cost in $ doesn't bother me as much as time.

Same with Victoria 1/2

Sword of the Stars 2?  I would say no, not worth it.  It does not come close to Distant Worlds and the game overall is just a mess.  The UI is setup for a crack induced gamer.... regardless of all the launch issues, the game even after being patched and up to date is still not worth it as AI issues still remain and again the UI is just a mess.  Great concept that went down and never recovered.

I think Victoria 2 with the two major DLCs is a better game than EU IV.

PE

Totally agree in regard to Sword of the Stars 2.

However Sword of the Stars 1 Complete Collection for £1.99 is definitely worth it.

You could pay an additional couple of quid to buy the Sword of the Stars Collection which includes SotS 2 just to see how bad it is but I wouldn't recommend it.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

BanzaiCat

I'm thinking of EU IV and HOI III right now...

They can keep all those other untouched games company.