Warlock Multiplayer thread

Started by MetalDog, November 25, 2012, 12:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Quote from: bob48 on October 03, 2014, 07:19:17 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 02, 2014, 10:59:10 PM
Don't sell your self short, bob.  You've got more hours logged at it than I do. 


And need I remind you, B_C, that YOU are older than ME!  So, take THAT you jello slurping, moth ball smelling, dusty old fart!!

LOL - more hours does not necessarily mean I'm a better player. And I'm older'n than all of ya, so what does that make me?

a zombie

Nefaro

Quote from: bob48 on October 03, 2014, 07:19:17 AM

LOL - more hours does not necessarily mean I'm a better player. And I'm older'n than all of ya, so what does that make me?


Immortal?


Bawb the Immortal ->



There can be only one!!

undercovergeek

He is Bob of the Clan Bawb. Born in 1518 in the village of Birmingham on the shores of the Manchester ship canal. And he cannot die

bob48

Nah, daft sod. That's the other Bob from Birmingham.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

You can count me in, Barthheart!  Now, it's a matter of getting the other two...
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

I'll show up. At least that's my plan right now.  :D

MetalDog

Alright.  Looks like we have four.  Just reply to let me know I got this right.

bob

Barthheart

Banzai_Cat

Me.


As I expect it to be three against one, I already know what I am going to call this gaming session...














































Attack of the killer B's!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

I smell a pun...

... and not of the pickled onion kind..
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Yup, count me in.  O0

Finally just won my first game of Warlock against the AI. I was going way too easy on them.

MetalDog

Crazy how that works out, isn't it?


What's the VC for our game tomorrow?

How big is the map?  And do you know how to customize your Mage before play?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

I have not played with an 'avatar' victory condition yet. I assume that means there's a character on the board that represents your Great Mage and if he/she dies, that's it for you? I don't like that condition at all.

Thought it was pretty cool, though, when you defeat an AI mage by capturing their capital that all the other uncaptured cities go neutral. Just saying.

Anyway, also, what about the Armageddon VC that comes with the DLC? I tried playing that and the Dremer kicked my butt.

MetalDog

This is what I know about the DLC only one player has to have it in order for everyone to be able to play it.  It is my understanding, although, I am not 100% sure, that the host determines what DLC is included by what he has installed, i.e., I do not have the Dremer stuff, so, we won't have it in our game. 

As for VC, it's probably best we play to eliminate your rival mages.  Makes for a better AAR and everyone has to participate in diplomacy, which is a complaint many people have with the AI, exploitable diplomacy.  So, unless one of you IS a computer, it will be diplomacy by human intelligence. 

And I'll ask again, just so it is fair, does everyone know how to customize your Mage before the game starts?  Once you click Multiplayer, you will be in the lobby.  To the right of the screen is the default avatar, Miralbus.  Directly under his portrait is a Customize option.  Click on it to change your avatar, Race, and starting abilities.  There are numerous threads at the Warlock forum dedicated to curtailing which options MP should be allowed or not.  It's up to you fellas, but, I am inclined to make'em the way you want'em.  If you think something is overpowered, speak up and we'll discuss it.

In any event, it's T minus 8+ hours and counting.  You boys ready?

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

I'm here. Never done MP on Steam before, much less with Warlock, so...