Warlock Multiplayer thread

Started by MetalDog, November 25, 2012, 12:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

#315
Quote from: undercovergeek on October 06, 2014, 03:12:57 PM
Quote from: Martok on October 06, 2014, 01:56:47 PM
As if I don't already have enough fantasy-strategy titles to occupy me (FE:LH, AoW3, Worlds of Magic, the Sovereignty beta)

what happened with this, did it get released? what do you think?

Worlds of Magic was released on Early Access.  It's exactly that.  Still missing a lot of planned content and buggy. 

I picked it up early to get a glimpse of the character creation options because it looked to have a bit more depth in the magic department, and hopefully others, when it's done.  But it's definitely an early beta right now (at best).

I've been playing AOW3 with the new DLC pack lately.  Enjoying and playing it a fair bit even though I've been in one of those indecisive funks where nothing sounds terribly appealing.

MetalDog

Quote from: endfire79 on October 06, 2014, 06:32:32 PM
Hmm looks interesting, downloading.  Going to take a stab at the single player once I finish my hockey pool picks, and trying to get a MP before Friday (road trip on long weekend).


If you see me on Steam, hit me up.  I am stophro there.  I'm always up for a game.  And handy with a tip or two.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 06, 2014, 03:12:57 PM
Quote from: Martok on October 06, 2014, 01:56:47 PM
As if I don't already have enough fantasy-strategy titles to occupy me (FE:LH, AoW3, Worlds of Magic, the Sovereignty beta)

what happened with this, did it get released? what do you think?
I've held off on activating my Kickstarter copy for the time being, since by most accounts it's definitely not ready for prime-time yet (which Nefaro's comments reinforce).  The developer videos are very interesting, though, and I like the way the magic system is set up. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Bardolph

Been messing about with Warlock a bit lately, in part due to this thread.
Keep running into glitches after playing for a while. UI disappears, game freezes up etc. Tried searching the forums on Paradox and Steam and while it seems to be a known issue (possibly mem leak) the most frequent advice was simply save and restart every so often.
Any of you lot running into this?
Other than that I've been having fun with it, definitely has that "one more turn" thing going for it, at least at first.

MetalDog

I have experienced that before.  Mostly in multiplayer.  Try ending your turn without any units active.  I know sometimes I will want to make sure I have moved a unit and will click on it it to make it active and then hit End Turn.  It was usually after I did that that I would experience problems.  Usually, it was starting my next turn in the middle of the 'Fog of War,' or in Warlock's case, the 'Clouds of War.'  No game freezes though.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Never had any performance issues with it, thus far anyway. And I'm running it on a 7-year-old desktop.

Bardolph

Hmm. I can go 30 or so turns and it happens pretty consistently. I don't normally end the turn with an active unit, I tend to click through them all and hit F if nothing else.
When it glitches, I look at Task Manager and the game is usually using a gig of memory or more, which seems a lot.
Year and a half old i7 "gaming" laptop running Win 8.0. Runs everything else I've thrown at it fairly well, though usually not on "ultra" settings.
I have seen a few other folks posting similar problems but I haven't seen much response on either the Steam or Paradox forums other than "save your game more often".  ::)

No biggie, was just wondering if any of you lot had run into the issue.
Thanks for the replies!

Nefaro

Quote from: Bardolph on October 07, 2014, 03:08:22 PM
Hmm. I can go 30 or so turns and it happens pretty consistently. I don't normally end the turn with an active unit, I tend to click through them all and hit F if nothing else.
When it glitches, I look at Task Manager and the game is usually using a gig of memory or more, which seems a lot.
Year and a half old i7 "gaming" laptop running Win 8.0. Runs everything else I've thrown at it fairly well, though usually not on "ultra" settings.
I have seen a few other folks posting similar problems but I haven't seen much response on either the Steam or Paradox forums other than "save your game more often".  ::)

No biggie, was just wondering if any of you lot had run into the issue.
Thanks for the replies!

Is it a compatibility issue with Win8?

Shelldrake

I haven't had any problems but then my gaming rig is still using XP.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

bob48

I've been playing it a long time on W7 with no issues.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

Bawb's been gaming since the word 'Windows' only invoked images of glass holes in a wall.

Uhh...wait, that actually applies to 95% of us.  :-[

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

so this is what time you get up now is it?   >:(

BanzaiCat

I'm usually up at 4-5 a.m. CST, which is about 10-11 am your time I suppose.


MetalDog

How about it chaps?  I know B_C expressed some doubt, how about you other two?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob