Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk

Started by MetalDog, October 10, 2014, 06:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog




This weeks song choice is for any and all who remember this as Genesis' first hit.


As for games, I have an Age of Empires III MP match with a couple of friends of mine.  The Sunday morning Warlock crew should be back in action, too.  And To End All Wars when I find time.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

Yer avatar no move...  :(

Long weekend up here!  :D Plus I'm off today.  :D

Warlock on Sunday fer sure.

Work on gaming table starting up again.

Closing down pool and back yard stuff for the season.

Not sure what else... maybe CKII.... practice for when new DLC comes out.


Staggerwing

Great song. Great album. The song 'Firth of fifth' from that album came up in the SHIPS! thread recently.

I'm going to try and learn to fly in Elite: Dangerous and also keep trying to wrap my head around CMANO a little more.

For you Elite Spacenaut Grogs out there- is there any kind of Grogheads team or group you are part of? What are your in-game handles?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Quote from: Barthheart on October 10, 2014, 06:12:28 AM
Yer avatar no move...  :(




That's cuz they're fake ;)


And Stagger, I agree with all the stuff you said about the tune(s).  I'm a huge Peter Gabriel/Genesis fan.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

MD, have you ever played any of the Myst games? In the fourth game released, URU, Ages beyond Myst, there is a part in the beginning where you are walking through the desert and come upon a camping trailer and a guy sitting next to it reading a book. As you get closer to him you can hear that his radio is playing a Peter Gabriel song, 'Burn you up, burn you down'. Supposedly Gabriel also has a song inside the next Myst release Revelation, along with some voice acting. One of these days I'll get around to playing through that game as well.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

I have not, but that's as good an endorsement as any :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JudgeDredd

#6
Quote from: Staggerwing on October 10, 2014, 06:17:11 AM
Great song. Great album. The song 'Firth of fifth' from that album came up in the SHIPS! thread recently.

I'm going to try and learn to fly in Elite: Dangerous and also keep trying to wrap my head around CMANO a little more.

For you Elite Spacenaut Grogs out there- is there any kind of Grogheads team or group you are part of? What are your in-game handles?
JudgeDredd

For gaming...

Continue my Red Thunder pbem...not going great.
F1 2013 - Japan is calling
World at War:Blood and Bridges AAR
DCS:Mig21bis (forgot about this one)

I don't know what else. I'll definitely try and get there for Steel Beasts on Sunday...though my wife and daughter are at a concert and I will need to pick them up from the station - but I don't know what time.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Shelldrake

Some of those gifs are very distracting - how am I supposed to focus on work?!

Game for the weekend is Endless Space Gold, which is quite enjoyable now that I am getting an idea of how the game mechanics work. Warlock and XCOM Declassified are also on my hit list for the long weekend. Monday is Turkey Day in Canada! :)
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Tuna

Quote from: Shelldrake on October 10, 2014, 06:47:47 AM
Some of those gifs are very distracting - how am I supposed to focus on work?!

Game for the weekend is Endless Space Gold, which is quite enjoyable now that I am getting an idea of how the game mechanics work. Warlock and XCOM Declassified are also on my hit list for the long weekend. Monday is Turkey Day in Canada! :)

I guess I can't browse the forum with the wife sitting next to me anymore! "What are you looking at!"

Some PON PBEM... and maybe Rome II, FELH, and AOW III (trying to get back into this one)..

Gusington

My wife is actually one of the avatars :)

I too love Peter Gabriel but don't actually own any of his albums...can any of you guys recommend a compilation?

As for gaming I am thinking of ditching the Age Wonders III tutorial and just starting a campaign as the dwarves as has been recommended by almost everyone here.

Beyond that I may start up the new Styx stealth game from Cyanide, and with the help of a Green Man Gaming voucher for 25% off, finally get Shadow of Mordor.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Kushan

With my brief love affair with Rome 2 over and having released my first Command scenario last night, I plan to dive into Wasteland 2 tonight after work. Kerbal Space Program, Distant Worlds, and Xenonauts will probably see some play time as well when I need a break from Wasteland.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

JudgeDredd

I wish I could give Wasteland 2 away to someone  :(

Not that it's a bad game - I'm just bored with it.

In fact, I have a shed load of games in my Steam library people could get good use out of if you could just pass things on.

What a waste.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Shelldrake on October 10, 2014, 06:47:47 AMSome of those gifs are very distracting - how am I supposed to focus on work?!

he says while discussing weekend gaming plans on a non-work message board

besides, IIRC your work is more closely associated with our avatars than anyone else  O0
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Slick Wilhelm

I finally installed some different games to play this weekend.

In no particular order:

Scourge of War: Antietam
Napoleon Total War

And I also need to start preparing for the next season in Grand Prix Racing Online.

Kushan

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 10, 2014, 08:31:35 AM
I wish I could give Wasteland 2 away to someone  :(

Not that it's a bad game - I'm just bored with it.

In fact, I have a shed load of games in my Steam library people could get good use out of if you could just pass things on.

I feel the same abut Divinity original Sin. Everyone else in the world seems to love it, I think its boring as hell. Only game in my Steam library I wish I could give away.

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 10, 2014, 08:36:28 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on October 10, 2014, 06:47:47 AMSome of those gifs are very distracting - how am I supposed to focus on work?!

he says while discussing weekend gaming plans on a non-work message board

besides, IIRC your work is more closely associated with our avatars than anyone else  O0

He gets to watch boobs bouncing all day?
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play