New Police Game - Enforcer: Police Crime Action

Started by Grim.Reaper, October 11, 2014, 10:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

I know I will likely be disappointed, but always up for a decent police simulation game since not many out there (past favorites Police Quest and SWAT).  It seems to stress doing more routine police things versus running and gunning all over the city.  We'll see if they are able to pull off anything reasonably fun.

Releases October 24th on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/318220/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_2

While on duty you'll need to remain ever vigilant and question any suspicious behaviour to protect your small American town from a rising criminal threat. Off duty you'll need to visit friends, family and live life to its fullest. Your actions while at work and home affect your stress levels. If you spend too much time fighting crime, you will be under severe pressure that will affect your ability to uphold the law. You'll need to question witnesses, administer breathalyser tests, block off roads for city events, site mobile speed cameras and pursue fleeing criminals on foot and in one of the specially designed police vehicles.

Features
- If you perform above expectations you'll earn promotions that will enable you to take on more dangerous missions and loosen the drug lords' grip on Mountain Valley
- Career mode with optional permanent death mode
- Fight crime while on duty and manage your social life off duty
- Seasonal city events
- Investigate erratic behaviour of citizens of Mountain Valley by frisking, performing breathalyser tests and requesting a suspect's possible location
- Site traffic cones and speed cameras
- Own a house and decorate it by purchasing furniture
- Three police squad vehicles to drive while on duty


Nefaro

Sounds like an interesting premise.  I'd expect it to require a LOT of content to stay interesting though.

On a similar note, I watched some guy's multi-player ARMA YouTube vids recently, mainly due to him using a fake Russian accent and claiming to be from "Arsztotzka" in the game.   But the premise of the server was a Cops & Robbers type of role-play situation.  One group being police officers and the other group being thieving, drug-trafficking ne'er-do-wells.  Was a bit funny to watch since they got into character (sometimes humorously) and the cops wouldn't arrest people if they didn't actually catch them doing something wrong.  ;D

Staggerwing

That sounds entertaining- got a link to the video?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mikeck

Lol. Having played this game for the last 14 years, I can tell you it's not game material. Do they force you to spend 3 hours writing a report and a "use of force"?
I will stick to S.W.A.T
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Ubercat

Also, don't forget that your officers are not allowed to fire back if someone shoots at them.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 11, 2014, 12:07:16 PM
That sounds entertaining- got a link to the video?


This is the droid you're looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpDTaeMf4yc&list=UUe7n-NgctmQSHq44eeQSxCw

A second non-Arzstozka one, haven't watched it yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyMuFEVF4qM&index=1&list=PLfm9XNvwBFG_rPwQN-dpSrkMxpOuQh7tD



YouTube embedding wasn't working when I posted this, so you just got the links.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Swatter

Definitely agree with mikeck. If the game is any fun at all, it doesn't really reflect police work.