Main Menu

Legend of Grimrock II

Started by sandman2575, October 15, 2014, 01:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BanzaiCat

Hmm...well that's good to know, thanks.

sandman2575

Quote from: Cyrano on October 15, 2014, 11:10:11 PM
Ok...THAT'S funny.

Rock is not rock when one is trapped in a dead-end hallway and one searches for HOURS for a secret switch, floor plate, spell, weapon, &c., that would release one from the madness.  Rock is not rock when one discovers that all one need do is WALK THROUGH A FRACKING ILLUSION OF A WALL into the corridor beyond.

I almost punched my Amiga's monitor.

But what I actually did was return to my secure room where I could feast on worm rounds and skins full of water.


;D

Can't call to mind any of the specific puzzles of DM, but no doubt that one stumped me as well.  Maybe in frustration I started throwing rocks and one passed through the illusion wall, voila, but who knows. Was a long time ago!

Much as I admire Grimrock's fidelity in trying to recreate the DM experience, there's still something about the original that it can't match. Maybe just nostalgia on my part.

"Ratlings"?  Sheesh. 

I thought for sure there would be a 'traditional fantasy races' mod for Grimrock on Workshop or ModNexus, but no joy.  As a result, my party is 3 humans and 1 minotaur.  Just can't stand the idea of insect-men for some reason.  I hate bugs.  Hate 'em. The bug-filled chamber scene in Temple of Doom scarred me as a child, I think.  I would've let Indy and Shortround die. No way would I have gone in there.

...but I digress...

JasonPratt

ME GRIMROCK NO DUNGEON MASTER!

ME GRIMROCK AM KING!!

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Rayfer

Some very positive reviews posted on RPGwatch.  Has me rethinking this one.  http://rpgwatch.com/#29242

BanzaiCat

There IS a lot of love out there for this one. I'm still not sure...