Main Menu

Door-Kickers

Started by Arctic Blast, March 22, 2013, 03:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Yes. There is no reason to wait for beta. The game is superb as is in its present state.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


TacticalWargames

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 23, 2014, 05:57:55 AM
Yes. There is no reason to wait for beta. The game is superb as is in its present state.

Couldn't agree more. It just gets better and better aswell. Could easily been released ages ago yet they keep on adding more and more to it.

Nefaro

Door Kickers was just officially released today.

I didn't realize it had progressed to feature completion already.  :o

-budd-

Great game....from the notes it sounds like multi-story buildings are in. This game is the poster child for how early access should go, they've added so much since i bought in. If you have any interest in the game type....BUY IT.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

BanzaiCat

I just bought this for 4.99 on GOG. Been wanting it but had been waiting for a super-sale.

I'm somewhat confused and hope someone who's played it more extensively can shed some light for me. For one, you cannot play any of the Campaigns until you are level 6? I don't get that; seems there should be some kind of initial training Campaign where you go through police academy or SWAT training or something like that, but it pretty much just gives you single missions or create-your-own things to do first, with only rudimentary instructions from the main menu.

For another, once I wrapped my head around the fact that you have to advance in levels to get to the Campaigns, I cannot for the life of me figure out how the heck I'm supposed to tell what level my guys are. The only feedback I see on level are XP that are granted at the end of a mission (if they live of course). Sometimes it says "PROMOTED" as an icon over their name, but there's no indication WHAT they were promoted to. Or mention of level.

What's even worse is I cannot see a roster anywhere of SWAT guys so I can check to see what their progress is. What's the point of granting XP and then having some nebulous leveling requirement that has no explanation nor benchmark from which to measure it?

I LIKE what I've played thus far...I just don't get why it's presented in such a pain in the ass way. Is it just me? What the hell am I missing?

-budd-

you play the single missions to level your guys up, they start off really simple. Top right main screen, click on roster. you can organize your troops, see their level and assign specific rolls to them as you level up. if you need some screens to help out just holla :)
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

BanzaiCat

Aww, crap. I knew it would be something I overlooked. Thanks, budd.

Gusington

Have you progressed any further since yesterday? Just bought this and Breach & Clear.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

If you like the style of game play, door kickers is the shit and the poster child for early access done right.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

BanzaiCat

Gus: I've gone back to it each night except for tonight. No games tonight, I'm packing for the trip and getting stuff ready. But I'll definitely come back to Doorkickers. It's a lot of fun.

Finally leveled up past 6th to do the campaign...very cool to see how casualties don't continue with the squad, so early screwups that gut your roster will hurt a lot later on.

Gusington

Cool. I like the idea of "qualifying" by leveling up to play the campaign.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd