GOG to start selling LucasArts games

Started by Huw the Poo, October 28, 2014, 02:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Gusington on October 28, 2014, 07:51:18 AM
I will finally be able to play X Wing and TIE Fighter!! I too hope for a re-release of Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe as well. Just to be clear, these games are being released in their original state, correct? Not remastered or updated in any way?

Great news! TIE Fighter is not to be missed! You will love it Gus.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Gusington

It's been what...like 20 plus years that I have been wanting to play! Joyous day!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Gus, GOG will have updated it to ensure it runs on modern systems.  That's why it's usually better to buy old games from them.

Jarhead0331

#18
Quote from: tgb on October 28, 2014, 07:35:08 AM
Quote from: Anguille on October 28, 2014, 03:59:35 AM

Also hope for Rebellion (the 4x game)...

I would sell my sister to Al Quaeda for a copy of Rebellion that ran in Win 8 /8.1

I run Rebellion in Win 8.1 just fine.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro

Quote from: Anguille on October 28, 2014, 03:59:35 AM


Also hope for [Star Wars] Rebellion (the 4x game)...


I would purchase this again in digital format.   O0

I think the British version had a different name.



IIRC, some of the old Disk Check DRM has fits on modern OSes.  So I'd rather have a DRM-free version for the future.

JudgeDredd

Looks like it's going live in 20 minutes
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Anguille

Quote from: Nefaro on October 28, 2014, 08:30:20 AM
Quote from: Anguille on October 28, 2014, 03:59:35 AM


Also hope for [Star Wars] Rebellion (the 4x game)...


I would purchase this again in digital format.   O0

I think the British version had a different name.



IIRC, some of the old Disk Check DRM has fits on modern OSes.  So I'd rather have a DRM-free version for the future.

Indeed...Supremacy ;)

Nefaro

Quote from: Anguille on October 28, 2014, 08:48:41 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 28, 2014, 08:30:20 AM
Quote from: Anguille on October 28, 2014, 03:59:35 AM


Also hope for [Star Wars] Rebellion (the 4x game)...


I would purchase this again in digital format.   O0

I think the British version had a different name.



IIRC, some of the old Disk Check DRM has fits on modern OSes.  So I'd rather have a DRM-free version for the future.

Indeed...Supremacy ;)


Hrmmm..

Star Wars: Supremacy?  That may imply that the British are prone to playing as the Empire.  Perhaps that makes sense since all the Imperials had British accents.  :P

tgb

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 28, 2014, 08:24:48 AM
Quote from: tgb on October 28, 2014, 07:35:08 AM
Quote from: Anguille on October 28, 2014, 03:59:35 AM

Also hope for Rebellion (the 4x game)...

I would sell my sister to Al Quaeda for a copy of Rebellion that ran in Win 8 /8.1

I run Rebellion in Win 8.1 just fine.

Really?  I haven't tried it in 8.1, but the last time I tried it in 8 it took a ton of tweaking just to get it to run upside down!  Maybe I should dig the old disk up.

sandman2575

I spent so much obsessed time on Tie Fighter that I remember my little brother getting hold of a resume I was working on at the time, and adding under "Qualifications" something like, "Imperial Pilot, Member of the Emperor's Elite Secret Circle, 5th Level"

;D

I don't think I could go back to it, though.  With the single exception of Baldur's Gate II, I've found every 'good old game' I've tried to return to extremely disappointing.  Don't want to spoil the good memories.


SirAndrewD

#25
I had to edit my previous posts.  In the initial release there seemed to be quite a bit of confusion about which versions of the game were left out. 

It should be noted that the Collectors CD-ROM Version of TIE Fighter is not included. 

The CD-Rom version includes the enhanced graphics, but also has the dynamic midi soundtrack.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Nefaro


republic

I still have my Rebellion cd in its original jewel case.  I loved that game and played the heck out o fit.

Nefaro

Quote from: republic on October 28, 2014, 01:39:59 PM
I still have my Rebellion cd in its original jewel case.  I loved that game and played the heck out o fit.

From what I understand you can get it to work if you copy certain files over from the disk,  perhaps drop a certain dll file into your system, and get a No-CD crack because the old disk check DRM can make it screw up or crash on modern OSes.  What a pain.  I'd rather just pay GOG for the final version that works right out of the digital box.  :)

I still have the manual and the big poster with all the ship types.  While good games were few and far between back then, some of the fluff in the physical copies were supertastic.  O0