Games for the Season - Halloween

Started by Gusington, October 04, 2014, 05:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on October 06, 2014, 08:02:09 AM
Even Sang Froid for 1.49 didn't get me to pull the trigger.

HERESY!!

...wait, that word doesn't mean that, sorry.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

HAHA...I'm trying to pinch every gaming penny. And succeeding. But at the same time missing out on what have turned out to be some epic games like Shadow of Mordor and Alien: Isolation. Now I am reduced to waiting for a sale :/ 
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I haven't even investigated what Shadow of Mordor is about - I guess I'm not much of a LotR fan. Yes, I saw the Peter Jackson movies, and yes, I saw the cheesy cartoon from the 70s (when there's a WHIP (wa-PSSHHH)...there's a way), but I only saw the PJ movies when they came out on DVD and a friend let me borrow them. I still haven't seen any of the Hobbit movies. It just doesn't interest me all that much.

Though Alien: Isolation...I've said I don't like stealth games but the 'woot' factor is strong with this one. Probably just the aforementioned nostalgia but when this goes on sale (and it most certainly will) I will be on it like a facehugger at GenCon.

Or...something.

Gusington

We can hold hands and wait for the sales together.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Kum-bayyy-ahhhh, my Steammm, kum-bayyy-ahhhhh...

JudgeDredd

Alien Isolation looks way too scary for me.

I'd be hyperventilating everytime I heard that beep!  :o
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Gusington

First second of a sale for Shadow of Mordor and it's all over, though.

JD when you get scared just hide your eyes behind your kilt.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I might just watch some Let's Play vids of Alien: Isolation and get the same amount of creepiness from it.

JasonPratt

#38
UNDEAD THREAD --- ARIIIISEEE!!

Bought Ghostbusters: The Video Game for $3 off Steam tonight; needed something light after a gut-wrenching stomach bug this afternoon, blergh, but also in the season.

It is very much Ghostbusters 3 except actually Ghostbusters 2 if 2 was actually 3. Or words to that effect. Ackroyd and Ramis wrote the plot, the whole gang is back together, it's... man, it's basically playing the new 4th Ghostbuster. That might be literally true, the player character may replace Winston Zeddemore even though Winston is around somewhere since Ernie Hudson in the main group of four. Haven't seen him yet.

Guys.

For three... dollars...

Less than the movie can be rented in High Def.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Bison

I'll play some 7 Days to Die and Left 4 Dead 2 at some point to get my Halloween zombie fix.

jomni

Train Simulator Halloween route.  Not an add-on but a stand alone.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/277751

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

airboy

Two oldies:
Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines
Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Father (http://www.gog.com/game/gabriel_knight_sins_of_the_fathers)

steve58

#43
Teleglitch Die More Edition free at https://www.humblebundle.com/

Redeem by 11/25
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JasonPratt

Quote from: Greybriar on October 28, 2014, 11:29:24 AM
Nice one, Jomni!  O0

And for only $5 it comes with a starter kit of tutorials, trains and raillines, too.

And Sean Bean narrating a high-definition trailer for the game you just bought.

But not Sean Bean dying on a train.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!