GOG to start selling LucasArts games

Started by Huw the Poo, October 28, 2014, 02:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Thanks jd....that is the other thing I always read was how difficult the missions could be.  I already suck at most flight sims, if the difficulty is really tense, might be another factor.

I'll likely pickup anyway today since I would like to rekindle the Star Wars spirit.  So much more could have been done with this movie franchise, just amazing how much untapped potentional could have been.

Grim.Reaper

So I ended up purchasing Tie Fighter this morning so I eliminate the rebel scum....have to admit I am pretty impressed for an older game.  Of course the graphics are not modern day, but I have to say they are totally reasonable and workable in this sim, even with the low resolution.  The cockpit and functionality is very well laid out and makes it easy for me to track targets as they are in front and behind me.  The targeting computer is pretty cool and I like the fact there are preset keys that allow you to auto match the speed of your enemy.  I also really like the briefings and intros to the mission.  It does amaze me how nobody takes a great core concept like this game (and many other older games) and just build upon it versus trying to reinvent the wheel.  So far I have only used my xbox controller and actually worked reasonably well, although I may move to the joystick so I can get more use out of the buttons versus reaching for the keyboard all the time.

I have only completed the tutorial levels and some training missions so far, but so far totally worth the $9....I feel the force also moving me towards the purchase of x-wing so I can bring freedom to the galaxy as well:)

BanzaiCat

All of these are on my radar now. SW Rebellion? I played that a lot back in the day. Loved playing the Empire and bringing the Rebellion to its knees! Especially loved it when I built my first Death Star and destroyed some Rebel villain planet. Boy did the rest of them not like that. :)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 02, 2014, 09:12:07 AM
All of these are on my radar now. SW Rebellion? I played that a lot back in the day. Loved playing the Empire and bringing the Rebellion to its knees! Especially loved it when I built my first Death Star and destroyed some Rebel villain planet. Boy did the rest of them not like that. :)

I'd like to play Rebellion as well...never had a chance in the past.  Continuing to enjoy Tie Fighter, I think what makes it fun is the Star Wars theme music playing in the background...just gets the blood going!

Ian C

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 02, 2014, 05:56:08 AMIt does amaze me how nobody takes a great core concept like this game (and many other older games) and just build upon it versus trying to reinvent the wheel. 

Absolutely. All of these old great games deserve to be 'remastered', which is a current trend. I'm all for it. You're right, they don't need to change anything within the game, only how it's wrapped. Better graphics.

Quote

I'd like to play Rebellion as well

+1. 

Grim.Reaper

Well ,didn't take me long to pick up xwing as well now:)

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Jack Nastyface

Bought X-wing on Friday.  Overall, I am impressed that the gameplay still stands-up after all these years.  Actually, I am finding some of the historical missions incredibly hard to beat.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Quote from: republic on October 28, 2014, 03:34:30 PM
I wish developers would see that with the success of GoG we don't need million dollar graphics fidelity and 100% accurate realism in order to make a fun game.  I've yet to find a flight sim that matches Red Baron or Aces of the Pacific/Over Europe as far as enjoyability.  There is such a deep divide between arcade and simulation today.  There is no middle anymore.

I'm saying this is my best Rocky Balboa voice, " Absolutely."
Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

Ian C

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 02, 2014, 06:32:00 PM
one can find Rebellion easily.

Perhaps. My disc died but I'd like a legit copy.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


BanzaiCat

Who the hell sells this for a hundred bucks plus shipping?!?  ::)

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.



Shelldrake

^ Watch the price drop once GOG releases it for $10!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell