Call of Duty: Advanced Warfighter

Started by Jarhead0331, November 02, 2014, 10:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grimnirsson

QuoteIf this is back to MW standards, I may pick it up

Yes it is, even the campaign is great because it isn't the typical overload with enemy hordes we were used to in the previous years, there's even stealth and a bit of variety and the pace is much more believable than in any CoD before - so yeah for those who think MW was a real blast for several reasons and the best in the series, you may pick this one up - seems Sledgehammer Games is the studio to save and bring forward the CoD series, it's already my favorite studio by now. MP is also great fun and it plays differently, of course within the context of the CoD formula but that's what CoD folks (me included) want. Gadgets are fun, customization is wonderfu and even beyond what Blops 2 did, audio is incredibly good, so I'm having a good time (and that on the old horse 360 - I'm fine with the gfx)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Nefaro

One question:

Does the multi-player still have mostly the small cramped "hallway shooter" maps? 

Grimnirsson

QuoteDoes the multi-player still have mostly the small cramped "hallway shooter" maps?

Well, it's still CoD and not Battlefield...but the maps are not only well designed but the exo movement also adds a third dimension that was not in the game before so it feels fresh.
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

LongBlade

Are clan servers back?

I'm only interested if we can run our own server.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Grimnirsson

I'm a console warrior, I can't answer that.  O:-)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

Quote from: Grimnirsson on November 04, 2014, 11:45:06 AM
QuoteIf this is back to MW standards, I may pick it up

Yes it is, even the campaign is great because it isn't the typical overload with enemy hordes we were used to in the previous years, there's even stealth and a bit of variety and the pace is much more believable than in any CoD before - so yeah for those who think MW was a real blast for several reasons and the best in the series, you may pick this one up - seems Sledgehammer Games is the studio to save and bring forward the CoD series, it's already my favorite studio by now. MP is also great fun and it plays differently, of course within the context of the CoD formula but that's what CoD folks (me included) want. Gadgets are fun, customization is wonderfu and even beyond what Blops 2 did, audio is incredibly good, so I'm having a good time (and that on the old horse 360 - I'm fine with the gfx)
I guess I'll be purchasing this in a week or so.

I have Warfighter to learn first of all and a WaW:Blood and Bridges AAR to complete...and Alien Isolation to get back into (was pretty scared with my first meeting with the Alien...and I don't even feel like a pussy saying that!)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

MikeGER

#22


here is some MP footage recorded from the GamesCom   ...not my cup of tea
call me oldfashioned, but to actually enjoy that i would first need a constant bullet time feature for silvergamers who had proven their birthdate to EA to get it unlocked. ...and when i see those 'hopping' around in the map ...please dont

the last FPS MP i remember i kind of enjoyed was Battlefield Bad Company 2 including Vietnam DLC, also CoD WaW and of course the good ol days of CoD 4 before ...i tried Battlefield 3 so but didn't liked it, and stopped purchasing     



JudgeDredd

God I hate MP in these games. For a start I'm too old and slow to be even remotely any good and also it just makes me feel sick...the skittiness of it does ma heed in!  :tickedoff:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

I love how Steam has the game for £39.99 and the Season Pass for £34.99 but is selling them as a job lot for £74.99

I know it's only a penny - but the idea of "packaging" things together to entice people is that they are cheaper...not more expensive (even if it is just by a penny)  :uglystupid2:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

MikeGER

JD save your money  :)
- on a side note
here are two games you surly will enjoy much more for your brit pounds (i thought about you when i watched those playthrough videos) 
1.

and
2.

JudgeDredd

£40 is a lot of money for (what's likely to be) a 6 hour experience.

Thanks for the thought MikeGer...I have Battle of Britain - it's a fantastic game (did an AAR a while back) with fantastic, easy to follow rules. Where There is Discord is a game I wanted, but can't get a hold of (at a reasonable price).

If you ever see it about, let me know (around £50 is ideal).
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jomni

Quote from: MikeGER on November 04, 2014, 01:26:48 PM


here is some MP footage recorded from the GamesCom   ...not my cup of tea
call me oldfashioned, but to actually enjoy that i would first need a constant bullet time feature for silvergamers who had proven their birthdate to EA to get it unlocked. ...and when i see those 'hopping' around in the map ...please dont

the last FPS MP i remember i kind of enjoyed was Battlefield Bad Company 2 including Vietnam DLC, also CoD WaW and of course the good ol days of CoD 4 before ...i tried Battlefield 3 so but didn't liked it, and stopped purchasing     

1) Ridiculous gun 2) Exosuit or what ever it is makes bunny hopping really more ridiculous.

JudgeDredd

^ That's what I thought about the "bunny hopping".

I'd never play this online in a bazillion years - so it's too expensive for the amount of game time I'd get from it so I'm unlikely to pick it up...especially as they have a habit of not reducing the price for a year or more.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Its real interesting to see how COD evolved from its original release......I remember reading about the first COD in gaming magazines months ahead of its release and how they really touted it as a major revolution in gaming on the PC.  And it did not disappoint!  I am sure compared to some modern games may not have stacked up, but for the times when it was released, it kept me busy for a very long time.  I remember the one mission where you were crossing the field of dead cows and you could use them as cover while you made your advance...great times.

I just wish this series would have stayed closer to reality and just continued to improve that model versus going futuristic and mayhem...but I can completely understand that a large number of people get enjoyment out of this type of game.