Combat Mission: Black Sea Up for Pre-Order

Started by Cyrano, November 05, 2014, 12:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


RyanE

That's a pretty impressive list of equipment and formations.  I wonder how much the model work from CMSF contributed to this release.

Cyrano

The precise relationship between pre-order and release is the subject of no small amount of tea-leafery in CM circles.  I have no knowledge, but, if the history of it means anything, they'll certainly beat Christmas.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Elvis

Quote from: Cyrano on November 05, 2014, 01:28:31 PM
The precise relationship between pre-order and release is the subject of no small amount of tea-leafery in CM circles.  I have no knowledge, but, if the history of it means anything, they'll certainly beat Christmas.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)

Dorosh has a chart that showed the announcement date and release date for all CMx2 games(if he is watching this then maybe he can post it) . The bottom line the time from announcement to release has been 4 to 6 weeks. Leaning closer to the 6 weeks in most cases. Having played it, I don't see any reason to believe that it will be outside of that range.

JudgeDredd

#5
No T-80?

But yeah - impressive list. It'll be nice to run a battle against something other than archaic armour and insurgents. Not that they were a breeze...insurgents I mean...but the T-60's or whatever it was they had were pretty poor offerings for Leo2's

And no pre-order for download only? Strange. I thought that was an offer before. I never buy the physical because of shipping and possible customs charges
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Elvis

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 05, 2014, 03:41:15 PM
No T-80?

But yeah - impressive list. It'll be nice to run a battle against something other than archaic armour and insurgents. Not that they were a breeze...insurgents I mean...but the T-60's or whatever it was they had were pretty poor offerings for Leo2's

And no pre-order for download only? Strange. I thought that was an offer before. I never buy the physical because of shipping and possible customs charges

The only reason to pre-order, if you don't want the disc and case, is to get a few hour jump on downloading when the game is released. So, there really isn't an advantage to pre-ordering if you're buying the download only.

And, no, pre-orders have always been download and disc.

(I just had a ticket asking the same question....was it you?)

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Elvis on November 05, 2014, 03:52:56 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 05, 2014, 03:41:15 PM
No T-80?

But yeah - impressive list. It'll be nice to run a battle against something other than archaic armour and insurgents. Not that they were a breeze...insurgents I mean...but the T-60's or whatever it was they had were pretty poor offerings for Leo2's

And no pre-order for download only? Strange. I thought that was an offer before. I never buy the physical because of shipping and possible customs charges

The only reason to pre-order, if you don't want the disc and case, is to get a few hour jump on downloading when the game is released. So, there really isn't an advantage to pre-ordering if you're buying the download only.

And, no, pre-orders have always been download and disc.

(I just had a ticket asking the same question....was it you?)
No - not me.

I thought I had...but what do I know - I can't remember my name sometimes  :D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

I'll buy, but I have no reason to pre-order since no need for physical media.....wish they would offer more for a pre-order such as a little discount off the download price or maybe early access (not just a couple of hours early).

panzerde

And there's another "yes, yes I must have this nao!" clawing it's way into my wallet.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

jomni

I appreciate that they mentioned future modules like CMSF. Hope they keep their promise and not release full titles instead.

Bletchley_Geek

Quote from: jomni on November 05, 2014, 08:33:41 PM
I appreciate that they mentioned future modules like CMSF. Hope they keep their promise and not release full titles instead.

Seeing the responses by Chris - the community manager guy who does the twitch livestreams on Saturdays afternoons PDT - they're as usual not committing to either timelines or specific stuff. I am quite positive about them actively developing the major next 'full title' for the Western Front covering Bulge. But I wouldn't be surprised that Bulge takes the back seat while they release modules for Red Thunder and possibly Black Sea (especially if the later sales do very well).

Anyways, as usual with questions regarding Battlefront.com actual schedule, the answer is "who knows" :)

MikeGER

#13
Quote from: panzerde on November 05, 2014, 08:24:45 PM
And there's another "yes, yes I must have this nao!" clawing it's way into my wallet.
+1

... ill wonder if Russian soldiers now 70 years later in CM:BS found a way to enter all single story buildings since CM:RT 3.0 ;)

patch pending .... 7 month after release :'(

JudgeDredd

That's the second time I've seem RT mentioned with an issue to entering buildings.

Is there a problem with building entry in CM:RT? I haven't noticed anything
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people