Red Thunder v1.01 patch (PC/Mac) Released

Started by Boggit, November 13, 2014, 01:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Boggit

Combat Mission: Red Thunder v1.01 patch (PC/Mac)

CM: Red Thunder - News 
Thursday, 13 November 2014

The long awaited v1.01 patch for Combat Mission: Red Thunder is here! It provides a number of important improvements and fixes, including improved stability of internet play, improved building entry for some systems, a mouse text targeting feature indicating range, improved TacAI logic, and much more.

The v1.01 patch is available for PC and Mac.


CMRT v1.01 WHATS NEW
Building entry no longer problematic for some systems
Infantry flamethrowers have slightly longer range
Troops spot immediately nearby mines better (esp. engineers)
Ricocheting APHE will not explode where it finally lands (the fuse is considered damaged)
Fixed a bug that sometimes caused buttoned-up tank crew to be suppressed by external explosions
Squads position their teams better along walls, fences and hedges
Artillery usually requires another spotting round or two before acquiring the target
Corrected some TacAI problems with crewmen positioning themselves around a heavy weapon
Improved TacAI logic for placing teams along walls
Improved coordination between tank hull and turret rotation
Better logic selecting the two men for scout teams
Improved long-range optics for JPz IV, Jagdpanther
Very heavily-laden soldiers cannot use Fast or sometimes even Quick moves
Mouse text for targeting: too close or out of range
Towed guns look better as vehicle turns
Improved damage modeling for external systems on tanks
Improved QuickBattle choices
Improved TCP/IP play
Click here to jump to the download page

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=337&Itemid=581
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Rayfer

Great news, I love the game.  But for me it's always a time of concern....their patches always trigger as some sort of malware or virus with my Norton anti-virus and it puts them into quarantine. It can be worked around but it's a pain in the old arse.

sandman2575

Awesome news.  I've been playing a ton of Red Thunder lately, and finally got around to upgrading Battle for Normandy / Fortress Italy to v.3.0.  (Staying away from the new vehicle pack for the time being though, waiting til they resolve some of the teething pains with the new installation procedure that seems to have made everyone confused and nobody happy.)

Will definitely d/l and install later tonight --

 

RyanE

Noted you'll have to reactivate the DRM.  But with no modules, it shouldn't be too bad.

RyanE

Seems to have installed correctly and no issues with activations this time.

Tried putting troops in buildings and it seems to have worked.

Jarhead0331

My application won't start after installing and I know I installed in the right directory.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Jarhead0331

I've now tried twice. The patch installation is breaking my game. Any thoughts?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


RyanE

Nope, but some people on the BFC forum are getting bad serial number errors on the DRM.

sandman2575

Shot in the dark, Jarhead, but do you have any mods installed in a Data\Z folder?  Worth temporarily removing that before install if so --

Jarhead0331

No mods. At least, none that I'm aware of...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Con

Are you sure you are pointing it at the right directory?  I have two CMRT folders installed one where the game resides on an internal hard-drive and one under C:\Users\[name]\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Red Thunder\Game Files.

I had to make sure it was pointing at where the game executable was on a different drive

Thanks
Con

Jarhead0331

^Yes. I'm installing to the main directory where the executable is. Its in the program files x86 directory.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

Quote from: Rayfer on November 13, 2014, 01:51:10 PM
Great news, I love the game.  But for me it's always a time of concern....their patches always trigger as some sort of malware or virus with my Norton anti-virus and it puts them into quarantine. It can be worked around but it's a pain in the old arse.
Mate - Norton has been giving falsies for years. It's bloody good at keeping things out - because it keeps everything out.

You seriously need to get shot of it. It's malware all on it's own.

I've had Microsoft Security Essentials, Windows Firewall, disabled UAC on Windows (pita) and the free edition of Malwarebytes for several years now and I have not had one single virus. I have had a couple of low level malware instances...but several years and nothing drastic - and I've not had to pay for any 3rd party software OR use that nonsense Norton.

I'm not just spit balling here...Norton caused me no end of problems when I did have it (got it free with a PC years ago) and removed it - and that in itself was a task!!

Every time I see someone mention their problems with games or patches and they've got Norton - I just gotta rant.

Sorry  ;)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Bletchley_Geek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 13, 2014, 10:27:13 PM
^Yes. I'm installing to the main directory where the executable is. Its in the program files x86 directory.

What's the problem exactly, Jarhead? Is the game crashing or complaining about something through some pop up window?

I got CM:FI and CM:RT installed under Users/<User name> folder, FWIW.

Elvis

In what way is it broken? What exactly is it doing or not doing? Are you getting any error messages?  If so, what is the exact wording of the message?