Laugh and Game IT'S FRIDAY

Started by Bison, November 21, 2014, 03:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 21, 2014, 07:13:36 AM
all kinds of things are possible today, but it may involve staring at the wall

Elite upgraded to 3.9 just before Gamma last night, i had booked today off to play until my eyes bled

And then about 4:30pm yesterday i was suspended from work for a shouting match with the MD and escorted from the promises

So whilst i scan various job vacancy sites, half heartedly twiddle with Elite, and touch up my CV i would mostly like to set fire to someone!
Bugger lugs!

Shouting at an MD probably isn't the best thing to do if you want to keep your job buddy. Don't get me wrong - ALOT of them do need taken down a peg or two.

Good luck finding a job buddy.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Tuna

Sorry to hear UCG.. hopefully it's just a temporary suspension!

Barthheart

Gotta ask what an MD is? It just means medical doctor to me.....

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Barthheart on November 21, 2014, 08:38:07 AM
Gotta ask what an MD is? It just means medical doctor to me.....
Managing Director
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Tuna

I was gonna ask too. I assumed it wasn't MetalDog

Barthheart


JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Kushan

Been a really busy work week for me. I imagine I'll be doing a good amount of desk flying in the office this weekend. Gaming time will be a mix of:

EUIV - Austria - Stomping on all the minor German states when they start getting out of line while I prepare for war with Burgundy.

Distant Worlds AAR

Xenonauts

WoW

Still in the process of (re)downloading Skyrim mods using Mod Organizer. Never realized just how many mods I have until now.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Yskonyn

Damn, Geek.
Here in Holland you cannot be fired just like that, not even after a shout contest with the Boss, unless off course it was crossing various lines, so I assume you weren't fired.
Good for you to not let him piss on your head. Hopefully it'll get cleared up soon.
Happy faces.

I am not really going to play anything this weekend. Little one has his birthday and our new floor is being installed as we speak!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 21, 2014, 07:13:36 AM
So whilst i scan various job vacancy sites, half heartedly twiddle with Elite, and touch up my CV i would mostly like to set fire to someone!

Sorry to hear about the job.  :'(

Now I'm wondering if Piedmont is about to start the apocalypse.  :D


Quote from: Kushan on November 21, 2014, 08:57:44 AM
Still in the process of (re)downloading Skyrim mods using Mod Organizer. Never realized just how many mods I have until now.

Are you trying out the S.T.E.P.S system? I was thinking about doing that and got distracted with various birthday games for a while.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Oh, I forgot the actual point of this thread.

More Mordheim early access (posting screenies and first impressions here), probably more Space Hulk Ascension, probably more Shadow of Mordor.

...I may be in a dark place emotionally right now and just don't realize it.  :crazy2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I also thought MD was a.doctor. Still not clear if ucg's situation was just for yesterday or if it was in fact, for good. With the scanning of job websites comment it sounds like the latter. So sorry to hear that, ucg.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 21, 2014, 06:07:30 AM

Far Cry 3 - great game and new one is too expensive and Ubi's attitude gets on my tits.  :knuppel2:

  I'm still working at Far Cry 3 myself.  I got a patch/mod that lets me get to the southern Island without doing any more story missions (I gave up on the burning hotel thing).  So now I just have 7 radio towers and 16 outposts to go.

   Plus some DCS Mig21 and SU27 -- DCS is and RoF are the only Flight sims I have at the moment

   Plus some WitpAE PBEM -- the whole Jap fleet is still out there, but I'm slowly making headway.

JudgeDredd

I would've highly recommended staying with it. The story is superb I thought.

But I like a good story in my games
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

sandman2575

@geek -- good luck with the hunt -- that's a stressful situation, no doubt.

Well, I'm doing something I never thought I'd do again, which is, give WitE another go. I've tried (only partially successfully) to ignore the WitW roll-out, but it got me to thinking about WitE again. Plus, with Jison's superb new map and modded UI, I'm able to (just barely) get past my longtime revulsion at the game's hideous, sterile interface.

To anyone who cares, I highly recommend these tweaks to the in-game fonts:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3507982

Gives the text some nice character and, more importantly, added legibility.  This, plus Jison's map, greatly enhance WitE's visual appeal -- which it desperately needs.