Main Menu

Matrix Holiday Sale

Started by Rayfer, November 25, 2014, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: OJsDad on November 25, 2014, 12:50:56 PM
Also, what's peoples opinion of Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich.  I always liked Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, and have been looking for something to fill that void.

Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich has no actual 'flight sim' component such as SWOTL had. A closer comparison with SWOTL's strategic layer over a flight sim would be Battle of Britain II: Wings of Victory and it's only 10 US bucks during the sale.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

My first casualty - I had to buy World in Flames, the physical copy. If nothing else I'm sure I'll enjoy the books.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

jomni


Bison

Quote from: Gusington on November 25, 2014, 06:22:10 PM
Should I bother to get the RUS boxed version? I have this and the WOFF expansion teed up.

There is no benefit to the physical copy besides a disc and disc case.  The manual is just a pdf on the disc, which is the exact same as the download but you get the privilege of paying $10 more for it.


JudgeDredd

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 25, 2014, 06:37:23 PM
Nothing of any great interest for me that I don't already own.....looks like I should have waited until this year for world in flames, although not sure even worth the sale price.
Mate - it's still broke. Apparently switching some things off helps, but IIRC the things to switch off are pretty core to the game...i.e. part of the fun - supply being one. From what I gather (and I could be wrong) supply still isn't working.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Quote from: bbmike on November 25, 2014, 09:45:47 PM
My first casualty - I had to buy World in Flames, the physical copy. If nothing else I'm sure I'll enjoy the books.
Enjoy the books
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Command Ops games are not on sale  ???

I know there's no "link" there now, but I would've thought they could still "sale" the products when they are still on sale there.

Strangely HTTR and CotA ARE on sale??  :idiot2:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

GDS_Starfury

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH  Im not listening to you mad men!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Toonces

<sigh>

Every time there is one of these sales I say it's the time when I'm finally going to buy into the Field of Glory series.

I am also looking at Great Battles Medieval. 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Martok

Hmm.  I notice there's a distinct lack of Distant Worlds titles on sale. 




Quote from: Bison on November 26, 2014, 12:01:57 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 25, 2014, 06:22:10 PM
Should I bother to get the RUS boxed version? I have this and the WOFF expansion teed up.

There is no benefit to the physical copy besides a disc and disc case.  The manual is just a pdf on the disc, which is the exact same as the download but you get the privilege of paying $10 more for it.
What Bison said.  Unless you are (like myself) overly enamored of owning a physical copy of the disk, there's no reason to get the boxed version. 

You should definitely pick it up, though.  >:D  I still can't believe you haven't already! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

jomni

#41
Quote from: Toonces on November 26, 2014, 01:46:37 AM
<sigh>

Every time there is one of these sales I say it's the time when I'm finally going to buy into the Field of Glory series.

I am also looking at Great Battles Medieval.

Ill help discourage you. FOG AI sucks big time. Only worth it if you plan to do MP. In fact Pike and Shot proved that the Battle Academy engine is better at doing FOG. Rules although it cannot implent it to the letter.

Anguille

Tempted as usual but i hope i won't buy anything...too many games on my "to play" list that i already own.  :crazy2:

FlickJax

Thinking of COH Storm of Steel - not sure though as forum looks rather dead

JudgeDredd

Quote from: FlickJax on November 26, 2014, 04:25:48 AM
Thinking of COH Storm of Steel - not sure though as forum looks rather dead
The CoH game was one that didn't transition well into a computer game. The main reason for that was the 3D implemented and rules change - both of which made the boardgame. The graphics and counters on the boardgame are top notch...something was lost in the transition to computer.

I believe the developer changed the game to have a 2D option with the chits looking as the boardgame, but the game still had the 3D implementation of the LoS iirc.

It didn't hit the sweet spot for me I hoped it had. Not a bad game, especially with the developer eventually adding the board game feel, looks and rules.

To be fair, boardgames seldom do translate well. Something (for me) to do with the physical feel and setup of everything
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people