Main Menu

New WWI RTS

Started by Jarhead0331, December 05, 2014, 08:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

This could be one to watch. I think it is based on the same engine used by Men of War, which is a superb game engine that models cover, concealment, destructive terrain, ballistics, etc. Its nice having authentic principles used in RTS games. Anyway, it won't be for everyone, but I'm pretty sure it will make Gus's loins moisten.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/316430/

Quote
Battle of Empires : 1914-1918 is a series of tactical games, which tells the story of one of the bloodiest wars in mankind's history - The First World War.

The first game of the series - Battle of Empires: France - is devoted to the battles between French and German armies on the Western Front - you will take part in the battle of the Marne, the battle of Verdun, and the final battles of 1918. Campaign includes a wide variety of story driven missions such as: large-scale battles with several thousand soldiers, ambushes, tank attacks, sabotage tasks.

Realism
The game recreates battles of First World War as realistically as possible - each unit has a personal inventory and weapons, vehicle damage is calculated by the thickness and inclination of armour, guns differ in calibers and available types of shells.
Authenticity
Our game recreates the atmosphere of the era of the First World War - uniforms and vehicles were made from sketches and drawings of the time of the World War I, game maps are based on real locations of hostilities. Gas attacks, shrapnel shells, horses, involvement of first tanks and flamethrowers, and many other features of the First World War have been implemented in the game.
Tactics
The basis of gameplay of the Battle of Empires is management of your infantry squads, organisation of their cooperation and skillful use of the vehicles provided to you. You will have to solve complex tactical problems with different possible outcomes, that can change the course of the mission.
Game environment can also be used to your advantage - all objects can be destroyed to create a path for infantry or used as a cover from enemy fire.
Co-op
Each story mission is available in cooperative mode - you can fight and complete the missions with three other players (4 including yourself).
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Con

I wonder if there should be a new way of rating games instead of number of stars etc but on Moistness of Gus's loins

Con

Nefaro

Quote from: Con on December 05, 2014, 09:46:13 AM
I wonder if there should be a new way of rating games instead of number of stars etc but on Moistness of Gus's loins

Con


I give this idea 4 Hairy Weeping Vaginas out of 5.   O0

JasonPratt

Promptly wishlisted. But no early access.

Not in regard to the other topic.  :buck2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

#4
Smell that?

Thanks for posting JH...btw there is early access...December 10. I am getting in on this so fast it will snap your necks.

Great find!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on December 05, 2014, 02:47:40 PM
Smell that?


Are you baking something moist and gooey in the oven?

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille


LongBlade

@Con
@Nefaro

LOL. You guys are hilarious :)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TacticalWargames

I imagine trying to replicate WW1 with a real time engine is going to be difficult. Still as long as it's not a click fest I shall be watching it at least.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Anguille on December 05, 2014, 05:39:59 PM
Looks interesting...
What does?
Gus's loins or what he's baking?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Gusington

^Both clearly. After a week without interwebz I will be purchasing this ASAP now that I have Steam back.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

endfire79

For you WWI fans out there (ahem, Gus front and center), I just noticed this WWI game on Steam (early access)  http://store.steampowered.com/app/316430/

Looks like it uses the Men of War engine.







"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."


endfire79

"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."