Your own...personal...FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, December 12, 2014, 06:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog

For my friends who like this kind of stuff...





Gaming wise, it'll be finishing my Monarch campaign in Civ IV.  It's 1967.  I have three more Khmer cities to take before I can vassal him.  Then it's a period of peace and build up before I go back to war with Genghis.  That should take me to the end of the game.  Unless Mehmed decides he wants to end it early by nuking me back in to the Stone Age.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Sorry, but I had to post the Johnny Cash version in case someone here could somehow have missed it up to now:





AFA games, I might play a bit of Schwerpunkt's Middle East War to get used to the UI while I save up for WW2E.




Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Anguille

Good songs  O0

Gamewise...

- Just installed Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middleearth again...going to see the new movie next week. Playing the fellowship and Rohan so far.

- Going to play a new chapter of Omerta: the japanese incentive. Had my first combat in two rounds in the last scenario...challenging, challenging.

- Horizon...trying to get elected for the first time...still a long way to go.

tgb

Endless Legend, Deadnaut, and, if ready, the latest beta of Soverignty

Gusington

The Parthians have struck back and my advance to knock them entirely the hell out is stalled in Rome 2 EE. Now I too am in a buildup period to assembled a couple of new armies to restart the assault. While I am at it I am also aiming to take out what is left of Persia and take on Baktria as well. Awesome campaign!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Shelldrake

I am going to try State of Decay with a couple mods and try to salvage my current campaign in Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes (I was doing well until everyone declared war on me!).
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Barthheart

Lots going on this weekend.... wife's Christmas party, packing, cleaning....

Game wise there's:
WWII Europe to get a grip on.
New orders for FPC:RS mega campaign to complete.
PBEM Normandy '44 with Cyrano. British beaches scenario. 1 beach cleared, 1 almost and 1 not even close.... it's turned into my Omaha....  :buck2:
Ambush! update if the lazy basturds ever give me their orders....  :knuppel2:

Traveling on Monday....  :)

Martok

Gods help me, but while I will always give props & respect to Cash, I actually like Manson's version the best: 





Gaming-wise, it'll be more Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes this weekend.  Rome II is also on the menu. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bbmike

A lot more 7 Days to Die. And some Beyond Earth.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JudgeDredd

All good versions.

I really don't know what I'll play. I think it'll likely involve Far Cry 3. I may try the Operation Husky scenario in War in the West - though I may not...I might leave it until I get my physical copy as it is meant to be a Christmas present.

Saturday morning I'm going to see the third episode of The Hobbit and Saturday evening is a party for my 14 year old daughter - so no gaming likely then.

I do still need to race my Houston race in F1 2013 - so maybe that.

Maybe some Assetto Corsa on Sunday and I'll try and get my AAR done for Warfighter - it's all setup prepped.

Sorry about Ambush! Barthheart - I haven't been getting notifications again about posts so I've forgot to check....I'm on it.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 12, 2014, 10:46:01 AM
I do still need to race my Houston race in F1 2013 - so maybe that.

this is now on sale at Steam.  do you need a wheel controller to play it?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


undercovergeek

Squeezing in the games where i can there will be Elite, im Cobra'd up and able to mine and trade

After finishing the Rome II campaign ive promised myself a campaign of AoW III or FE:LH

WallysWorld

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 12, 2014, 11:26:49 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 12, 2014, 10:46:01 AM
I do still need to race my Houston race in F1 2013 - so maybe that.
this is now on sale at Steam.  do you need a wheel controller to play it?
I just use my Attack 3 joystick with F1 2013 and also Nascar '14 and it works just fine. Some will say a wheel controller is necessary, but I found that the joystick works fine for me.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Sir Slash

Hey Dredd, let us know what you think of the new Hobbit movie but without spoilers of course. I've got kind of stuck in my Rome 2 campaign as the Germans. I own everything from the English Channel to the Black Sea but now my cities have stopped growing for some reason. Taxes are low and we got lots of food so... Now Public Order is starting to decline. So until I get this figured-out it's back to CMBN's Kampgruppe Engel campaign for me where I've got to cover the retreat of truck convoys and then evac my own units off map as well. With the cream of Canada descending on me. I'll take a personal Jesus but what I really need is another King Tiger tank.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Spent part of every night this week assembling minis for Shadows Of Brimstone so I'll damn well play the thing soon now that it's done.

PC gaming will just be my usual go-to filler if I do any at all.  Rome 2, WW1 flights sims, or a Roguelike.  Haven't played any this week, not sure if I will this weekend either.