Your own...personal...FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, December 12, 2014, 06:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GDS_Starfury

I didnt know JD did hobbit impressions.
are they as good as Gus's?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Huw the Poo

Alright let's try something a little different this week lads.  Anyone like Europop?  I give you...

Lykke Li - I'm Good, I'm Gone.  Remarkable voice.



I met Li when she played Milton Keynes in 2010.  Nice girl, excellent gig.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Skwerl on December 12, 2014, 04:55:40 PM
I finally figured how to get DosBox to work (through D-Fend Reloaded - which I highly recommend), so I'll be playing Age of Rifles and Fantasy General.  Maybe a bit of Hell and Pike and Shot tomorrow.

Yes, I set it up to play FG late last year (or early this year?), too, though I haven't gone back to that yet. Took some fiddling even with D-Fend.

I have to use an earlier version of D-Fend (one iteration back) to play the original Space Hulk, too; and even then I think I have to mess a bit with the settings each time I fire it up. I made notes last time so I wouldn't have to figure it out again, but I think FG stuck (as games ought to) without further meddling.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Silent Disapproval Robot

Had a root canal done earlier in the week and the temp filling they put in lasted about 12 hours before I drove it down into the void space in my tooth by biting on a piece of rye bread.  They're out of the office until Tuesday so I'm downing Tylenol 3s and feeling stabby.

I've been playing War Thunder tanks a lot lately.  Just unlocked my final Tier II Soviet tank and I can now start researching Tier III stuff.  I maxed out my SU-76 mods so now I'm concentrating on the SU-122.  I like the speed and the low profile but damn that gun is vulnerable to fire.  It seems to get knocked out to the point that I can't repair it on the first shot every battle.  Then I just drive around ramming people until I get blowed up good.

Nefaro

#34
So happy...

Just got all the crap in my Shadows Of Brimstone boxes assembled & punched out.   :))

(A pic in the Roleplaying & Adventure Gaming section)


Looks like I'm gonna be shootin horrors with six-shooters and repeaters very soon!  O0




Edit:  Also received Doomtown Reloaded today.  Looks like more rules reading to do.  Scuttlebutt says it's a superbly deep LCG but learning the game can be a slow process.  :crazy2:

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Gusington

I've got every aspect down except one.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

oh, hes got that down to a science.   :2funny:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Sir Slash

If I was a Hobbit, I would lock my door and hide anytime anything with a beard came by. Male or female. And is it ALWAYS raining in Bree? And night time? No wonder they all hang out in the tavern. :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


JudgeDredd

Impressions will be forth coming in the General Discussion thread re The Hobbit. I'll warn you though, I'm easily pleased in so much as I tend to leave my analytical head off when going to the cinema. I'm not "looking" for flaws - I'm looking to be entertained - and therefore I am often satisfied with the experience.

I do eventually notice flaws though when watching something several times...like in the first one (which we watched last night in preparation)...why didn't the eagles just take them to the mountain instead of dropping them off a bazillion miles away (answer is obvious...but as I say, I start to notice daft things and ask daft questions). But I will likely come out of the cinema all gooey eyed.

It makes a change for something to be released in the UK before the US...normally we have to sit and read impressions before a movie. It still makes me laugh that they've managed to squeeze 8 hours of movie out of a 370 page book.

I did consider the "hardcore" option - watch all 3 Hobbit movies back to back in the cinema...505 minutes or 8.5 hours - but it was midweek and started at 6pm, so it was a no-goer. The last time I did something crazy like that, my older sister and I went to see all 3 Star Wars movies back in the 80's which was 6 hours. Great night, sore arse.

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

GDS_Starfury

I got caught up in Star Trek nerdom this evening.  more beer sorted that bullshit out and now I'm just merely annoyed by the early 80's new wave mauve costumes.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.