War Thunder question with TrackIR

Started by Tuna, December 13, 2014, 01:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tuna

Is it possible to make it so TrackIR is not activated on the Tanks/Land? It's great to have for Air.. but it sucks in Armor, it doesn't 'center' and it's hard to even tell where you vehicle is..


Tuna

It seemed to be behaving a lil better today.. I had it on in case I had to jump in an airplane.. It definitely is wacked

Silent Disapproval Robot

What profile are you using?  It works quite well for me in tanks and planes?

Nefaro

Does using the TrackIR "Pause" hotkey not work?

I use that when I need to turn TIR off in games, like when I want to adjust my default head location in ROF, so I just toggle it off until I get that done.

Only problem with that is it often needs to be re-mapped in the TIR software, as the default hotkey is F9 (IIRC) which can coincide with in-game hotkeys.  I changed all those to ALT+ the function key.


I tried using TIR in War Thunder aircraft once.  It was a nightmare in the external view.  Hard to tell which way I was flying or where my cursors were.  Haven't used it since.

Tuna

I found that the default one is not too bad.. The profile that I used for FSX, DCS, ROF was driving me batty!  :crazy2:

Yskonyn

Nef there is an option somewhere to disable TIR for externals in the game IIRC.

The TIR software offers profiles per game, so you can make different keys for different titles.


-oOo-
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Tuna

Another question.. If I choose artillery.. There doesn't seem to be an aiming cross hair,, or anyway to 'pinpoint' a target.. just seems to switch to an elevated view (not directly overhead), am I missing something here? Or doing something wrong?

Silent Disapproval Robot

The targeting reticle for arty is hard to see when it's at a distance but it is there.  It's a circle made up of tan-coloured dashed lines.  The easiest way to spot it is to use the mouse to drag close to your own position until you can see it and then try to position it over the enemy location.

Tuna

Thanks!!!.. Once I 'moved' the mouse, I could see it very clearly!


Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 14, 2014, 01:41:24 PM
Nef there is an option somewhere to disable TIR for externals in the game IIRC.

The TIR software offers profiles per game, so you can make different keys for different titles.


-oOo-


I pretty much only run in extrenal view with mouse & keyboard in WT.  Largely Arcade for the aircraft because the flight & damage models seem a bit too wonky to be called "Realistic" or "Simulator" as they're labelled and the joystick controls are likewise screwy.  I'll go fly one of the IL-2 series if I need a sim level experience for the aircraft.  I  only play Realistic or Sim in the Tank battles though.

Instead, I mapped the right mouse button to function as the free camera as in MMOs.  Allows me to hold down RMB and pan my view around if needed, in combination with the padlock stuff.  I just wish the View Padlocked key swung the camera around much faster because it's slow as old people F'ing and makes maneuvering with the mouse difficult while you're waiting on it (I have WASDQE also mapped for control surfaces). 

Maybe I'll try flying in first-person mode with TIR enabled but I'll worry about that when I get to it.  Since it's usually just Arcade Mode when I feel the urge, it's no big deal.  Usually do pretty well as is.