Main Menu

New WWI RTS

Started by Jarhead0331, December 05, 2014, 08:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Thanks Endfire...bought it a few days ago, haven't had a chance to fire it up yet.

Anyone else buy it yet?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

we await your moist loin report.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Gusington

TBD. But the potential is very high.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

do you think youll need the shamwow undies?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Gusington

I always need those. Easily excitable.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Quote from: Gusington on December 14, 2014, 11:08:42 AM
Thanks Endfire...bought it a few days ago, haven't had a chance to fire it up yet.

Anyone else buy it yet?

I almost pulled the trigger, but I knew you would get it so I'm awaiting your thumbs up or down  O0

Gusington

Well from a very cursory glance at firing it up for a few seconds, it looks very alpha. There's a tutorial and a French campaign made up of eight missions, IIRC. There is enthusiasm for it on the Steam boards so development and expansion is pretty much a foregone conclusion, I just can't tell how quickly this will turn into a finished product.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Gusington on December 14, 2014, 11:34:38 AM
I always need those. Easily excitable.

if you were a puppy I'd name you Red Rocket.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Nefaro

Watched a gameplay vid of the Men Of War-engined WWI game.

Wow.. the explosion physics & smoke look awesome, along with the destructible buildings.   

I never got into the original MoW series, despite owning them all for a few years.  I don't recall the effects looking this good, but I didn't play them long.

Gusington

I never played any MoW either.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

The MoW engine is really superb. Its the best balance out there for authenticity in a classic style RTS. The problem with most of the MoW games was the difficulty in the SP campaigns. Assault Squad changed all that though by finally giving players skirmish style maps that the series always needed. 

Anyway, I agree with Gus...this game is very alpha. But I've enjoyed it so far and I think the engine is suited for WWI action too. Hopefully, the team will continue to make progress.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

^Yeah I just hope it doesn't take them years to get to a finished product here. The potential is great!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd