Main Menu

Buzz Aldrin's SPM

Started by Jarhead0331, October 31, 2014, 06:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DicedT

The UI doesn't even have tooltips at this point, which makes figuring out all the buttons a chore.  The designer is apparently looking at this.

tgb

Yeah, there are a lot of side missions that you can farm for prestige as well as improving you components and mission control staff stats.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: DicedT on November 02, 2014, 01:12:57 PM
The UI doesn't even have tooltips at this point, which makes figuring out all the buttons a chore.  The designer is apparently looking at this.

Agreed. Tool tips are needed here.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Grim.Reaper

Quote from: DicedT on November 02, 2014, 01:12:57 PM
The UI doesn't even have tooltips at this point, which makes figuring out all the buttons a chore.  The designer is apparently looking at this.

Strange that didn't come up after being in early access so long....

Tosh

There is a UI reference guide already available for download. See post #8.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3732555&mpage=1&#3733714

tgb



Eat me, Nikki.

Next up - trying the Soviet campaign on Hard

JasonPratt

Currently running a Buzz-hard Soviet Campaign AAR here.

I've probably already fatally messed up; but since the game has a semi-fatal resolution bug for trying to schedule launches, I'm waiting until a new patch is released (probably tomorrow) and off to eat dinner. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

tgb


Caffeinator

#23
From what I'm reading here and on the game's forum, it doesn't sound like it, but is this a game that my non-gamer Dad could possibly get into or is the learning curve just huge?  He LOVES this subject matter but he has no patience at all for learning to play with complex games, was thinking of getting him this or Kerbal Space Program but I don't think his computer would run KSP well, although it seems more "fun" from what I've played of the old free version...

Nefaro

Quote from: Caffeinator on December 16, 2014, 10:41:45 PM
From what I'm reading here and on the game's forum, it doesn't sound like it, but is this a game that my non-gamer Dad could possibly get into or is the learning curve just huge?  He LOVES this subject matter but he has no patience at all for learning to play with complex games, was thinking of getting him this or Kerbal Space Program but I don't think his computer would run KSP well, although it seems more "fun" from what I've played of the old free version...

KSP is amazing.  But it also has a lot of complexity.

I've not picked up BASPM yet but it looks pretty straightforward in a simple point-and-click sorta way.


JasonPratt

If he loves the subject matter, don't worry, the learning curve for this game isn't huge. The user interface is a bit wonky, but not difficult. (And the resolution bug I mentioned only affects trying to play the game in a window at particular resolutions, which I had to do in order to get screenshots for the AAR so it probably won't be a problem.)

You can send him to my AAR link if you want to get an idea of what's involved up to my first achieved mission.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Caffeinator

Thanks Nefaro and Jason, I may pick it up for him after all!