Global lenders face 'killer losses' on Greek debt

Started by Mr. Bigglesworth, May 15, 2012, 05:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Keunert on May 21, 2012, 02:34:29 AM
^the writing in the sand says

Mormon Babe

???

Was this Mitt Romney as a young dude impressing his then girlfriend?

I think it's pronounced "Mowlawn Lahbay" or "Lahvay" or something like that. No relation to Anton LaVey I'm sure...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

MOLON LABE: Come and take it. Fewer words have rarely meant more.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Con

I think the Germans already did in April 41

Con

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Con

Tough to grip onto something covered in so much olive oil :D

Con

Silent Disapproval Robot


Gusington

^True. I just got a book today as a matter of fact about the years that Greece spent under Turkish occupation. Summer reading.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Keunert

Jon Stewart recently said: what an irony to see german secretely taking over europe by their bankers....
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Windigo

Greece will be a test case....

If Greece gets off easy then the USA will walk from its debt too
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

besilarius

Gus, if you like the book on the Greeks under Turkey, look up an old novel, A time of Parting by Anton Donchev.
No matter how much you feel the Balkans is so screwed up, this book will give you some insight as to how it got that way.
For atmosphere, while reading it you should sip the Greek wine, retsina.
To keep the Turks from stealing all their wine, the Greeks would keep the grapes on the vine too long.  Resin got into the juice and it can taste really nasty.  But it was the only way they could keep any quantity from being seized.
They did it for so long, that now it is a tradition, and some folks even like it that way.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.