Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Keunert, March 30, 2012, 03:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GDS_Starfury

WoT hates German tankers!!!   >:(
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


LongBlade

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 24, 2013, 09:49:54 PM
WoT hates German tankers!!!   >:(

Good thing you're American ;)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Greybriar

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 24, 2013, 09:49:54 PM
WoT hates German tankers!!!   >:(

You know as well as I do that the U.S.S.R. had the best tanks, right?  ;)
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Windigo

So who has tried the new german light tank? The Pz II C?

freaking awesome fun.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

Ive been shooting them to pieces with mai loltraktor.  once again the Germans got screwed over with the last patch.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Greybriar

Quote from: Windigo on March 14, 2013, 02:06:04 PM
So who has tried the new german light tank? The Pz II C?

freaking awesome fun.

I'm out of garage slots and I refuse to buy them when they aren't on sale for half price. But I'll probably buy the new German light tanks later on.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Greybriar

I got a little bored and thought I'd play World of Tanks since it had been quite awhile since I had fired it up. When I logged on I was informed that I had been given a free tank (Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. D) and garage slot. It didn't survive its first battle, so I was surprised when I viewed the battle results:


What a nice surprise!
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Staggerwing

#68
Man, that brings back memories- I put in many, many hours driving around in a PzII while playing WW2OL during the early and mid 2000's.





(EDIT for proper panzer ID.)

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Apocalypse 31

#69
I put some serious hours into Ww2OL.

It's a shame to see the current state of the game; not surprising given some of the gameplay decisions that the developers made.

I'm not even sure how the game is even still running

Staggerwing

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on December 26, 2014, 08:25:45 PM
That's a panzer 3, but yeah, I put some serious hours into Ww2OL.

Oops
That's what I get for posting while watching TV.  :-[ :-[
I'll have to fix that before I lose anymore grogcred...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on December 26, 2014, 08:25:45 PM
I put some serious hours into Ww2OL.

It's a shame to see the current state of the game; not surprising given some of the gameplay decisions that the developers made.

I'm not even sure how the game is even still running

I spent four intense years in WW2OL. I've found that four years is about my max on any game, before burnout sets in.

Curious, though, what you think is the deplorable state of affairs in the game. I haven't played since about 2006.

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on December 27, 2014, 07:11:02 PM
Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on December 26, 2014, 08:25:45 PM
I put some serious hours into Ww2OL.

It's a shame to see the current state of the game; not surprising given some of the gameplay decisions that the developers made.

I'm not even sure how the game is even still running

I spent four intense years in WW2OL. I've found that four years is about my max on any game, before burnout sets in.

Curious, though, what you think is the deplorable state of affairs in the game. I haven't played since about 2006.

Can't say I've played in a few years. Last time I played (2+/-) years ago, it was a ghost town. Only a handful of missions throughout the entire theater. Really sad when compared to the 2002-2005 years, when you could log in at any time and find a large number of players.

Also disturbing is their Dev team, mainly the Doc fellow. Abrasive, outspoken, and hypocritical. With all the true talent that left the team, he was one that stayed. The owner should have fired Doc years ago.

As I said previously, I think the team made some pretty poor decisions along the way which landed them in their current state.  MMOs are a tough beast; you can't expect to be successful when your game is running off of a 15 year old game engine, or you consistently make vasr, game-changing rules.

Its sad because it had so much potrntial.





Staggerwing

I believe Doc is a part-owner so not likely to be fired. Also, the game engine was upgraded a few years ago with the introduction of rag-doll physics and a few other bits. Supposedly there is a Beta running right now that is preparing the game for a transition to Steam but I was not able to get any specifics from perusing the forums. I hope it makes it onto Steam because the developers' problems of late have been a severe lack of funds for developing the game and adding more kit. More exposure might bring more funding.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys