Dragon Age Inquisition

Started by SgtRock, September 07, 2013, 12:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

I don't know for certain if there is an offline option for Origin but I would be very surprised if there wasn't.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

panzerde

Ive been able to play without Origin running.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Gusington

^There you go. Is there a offline mode or similar?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

panzerde

I just tried a game disconnected from my network and it was fine. It looks like the game works like Mass Effect 2 - if you're logged in it does some online saves, and apparently pulls down information from your DA:0 and DA2 campaigns.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Elvis

I can open it with the Internet turned off.

I think I have bigger problems now. I don't think my system can run the game. It takes forever to load and then after choosing what I want to be it hangs for a long time and then crashes to desktop.  I just checked the minimum specs (something I should have done before asking Santa for the game) and is seems my processor isn't up to speed (pun intended).

Anyone want to buy a very slightly used game?

JasonPratt

Well, that's the thing: you already registered it on Origin. I expect that means you shot the wad. Maybe there's an option for an uninstall / deregister so you can install it on a new computer (and thus sell or give it to someone else)?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Bison

Origin is like Steam.  Any game you own on Origin you can install the client on a computer and download to the new computer.

JasonPratt

Unless it also deregisters, you'd still have to sign in with the account on which the game was originally installed. (Presumably Steam works the same way: I could put anything I have on the Bro's computer, but only if I sign in as myself.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Elvis

I think that I'm gonna try it on my sons laptop when the wife and kids return from doing xmas at my in-laws.

Tpek

^The game is really resource-intensive and demanding.
Not sure a laptop can run it without setting itself on fire.

panzerde

I'm playing on my gaming laptop. Granted, it's a purpose-designed gaming laptop. Your garden variety salaryman special will probably chug a good bit with it.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

JasonPratt

^ I was just thinking a Falcon could handle it, assuming someone was willing to drop around 5K or more on a laptop.

(Which I did, ten or more years ago, but that was for a desktop replacement unit. Great equipment, still runs XPSP2 today like a champ. Falcon has a hilarious photo of it on their promotion page where they're showing how hard it was for them to get a photo of it due to it SUCKING ALL LIGHT INTO ITSELF!  :2funny: One of their TLX's could still run it, but again would need major upgrades to be sure.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

panzerde

I'm running an MSI Dragon series that's about a year old now, and it too is a desktop replacement. Darn thing weighs about as much as a desktop, too. It'll handle stuff like DA:I just fine, though.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Arctic Blast

33% off on Origin right now, BTW. I'm tempted... but I still haven't actually played the original game yet. Perhaps that will be next...

Gusington

^The original is great and the new one is great as well. DO IT
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd