Cougar MFD panel sim accessory

Started by Staggerwing, December 20, 2014, 09:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Staggerwing

New flightsim accessory from Thrustmaster:

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/mfd-cougar-pack



Note- it's not a display. The images inside are just game-specific printed cards in a clear sleeve to ID the buttons. Still, it looks like it could be handy for everything from FSX to tank sims to Frontier:Elite. Has anyone gotten one (or a two-pack) of these? Looked at one in the store? The description says the panel is adjustable and weighted and I wonder if you could rig a small tablet in the middle instead of the game key cards to add functionality (checklists, GPS, etc). I'm curious as to how stable it is on a desk and how easy the buttons are to push w/out moving the whole thing backwards.


Here it is at Amazon in case someone else is interested. Looks like there are two to a box and the entire weight is 2.6 lbs.
http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Cougar-Flight-Control-Panels/dp/B002HH9TRY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_vg_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0VYSZJCW1RGWB30K6NRS

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

That's pretty cool.

Though I read "Cougar" and thought of this:



[Post-to-bewbs ratio of 1:1. Achievement Unlocked!]

bbmike

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 20, 2014, 01:57:48 PM
That's pretty cool.

Though I read "Cougar" and thought of this:



[Post-to-bewbs ratio of 1:1. Achievement Unlocked!]


Yeah, that's why I looked at this thread.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

GDS_Starfury

the title was such a slow ball I let ya'll take it.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Yskonyn

Is it a new toy for you, because it has been out for several years!
I have them too and they are pretty handy.


.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Staggerwing

Quote from: Yskonyn on January 01, 2015, 03:35:38 AM
Is it a new toy for you, because it has been out for several years!
I have them too and they are pretty handy.

I am considering getting them. How easy is it to use the buttons without inadvertently pushing the whole panel back?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Yskonyn

They are very lightweight, eventhough you mount them in a triangle and its base has rubber feet. You would do well to place them in front of an object to prevent them from being pushed back.


.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Staggerwing

Quote from: Yskonyn on January 01, 2015, 07:30:27 AM
They are very lightweight, eventhough you mount them in a triangle and its base has rubber feet. You would do well to place them in front of an object to prevent them from being pushed back.


.

Good to know, thanks. I was considering putting small monitors behind them. If you get a chance to measure, how wide is the opening inside from corner to corner?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys