Combat Mission: Black Sea Up for Pre-Order

Started by Cyrano, November 05, 2014, 12:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Elvis

My problem when watching a video is I always want to play. Not in a "I love and need this game" way but a "I want to swing the camera in that direction."

Staggerwing

Quote from: Elvis on November 25, 2014, 07:15:45 AM
My problem when watching a video is I always want to play. Not in a "I love and need this game" way but a "I want to swing the camera in that direction."

+1
I can't stop myself from moving the mouse while watching and feel like a knucklehead when I catch myself doing it, much like the urge to touch my laptop screen right after having spent a long time on my iPad.  :-[
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Tinkershuffle

Nowadays for some reason I often find watching gameplay videos much more relaxing and entertaining than actually playing the game. CM video AARs are a good example of that.

Grim.Reaper


Apocalypse 31

Quote from: Tinkershuffle on November 25, 2014, 10:37:18 AM
Nowadays for some reason I often find watching gameplay videos much more relaxing and entertaining than actually playing the game. CM video AARs are a good example of that.

Same with me.

Specifically multiplayer games

RyanE

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2014, 10:03:23 PM
Looks like no pre Xmas release....mid January is current release target.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/117138-update-on-black-sea-release/

Something has changed at BFC...in previous games they would never have announced that.  Good to see communications is improving a little on releases.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: RyanE on December 19, 2014, 11:16:36 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2014, 10:03:23 PM
Looks like no pre Xmas release....mid January is current release target.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/117138-update-on-black-sea-release/

Something has changed at BFC...in previous games they would never have announced that.  Good to see communications is improving a little on releases.

I think part of the reason is the fact they usually meet their own deadlines of 6-8 weeks after pre-order goes up, which would have meant before the end of the year.  So people were kind of expecting that time frame based on past history......this was the primary purchase I was looking to make this month so I guess it saves me a few dollars until next year:)

JudgeDredd

Anyone who has bought the physical game before - what's the manual like? Is it just a wee 50 page thing, or is it a nice big manual?

I'm suspecting it's on the small side and therefore not worth me buying the physical version...especially given the postage costs from BF to the UK
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

Every time I see a new post in this thread I think it's going to be a release notice.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 04, 2015, 03:02:08 PM
Every time I see a new post in this thread I think it's going to be a release notice.
Sorry  ;D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Con

Well to be honest the manual should not influence the decision to buy a physical copy.  I dont even read the physical manual for battlefront games.

For me the reason to buy Battlefront games as a physical are as follows
1. I almost always preorder so it is an incremental cost (typically around $10) to go physical
2. There is something psychological about owning something I can touch.  Its irrational but somehow if I own a game that is download only I dont seem to trust that it will be available for ever.
3. The manual is exactly the same as what you get as the pdf and I now put all my game PDFs on an iPad so I can reference them when playing or if really desperate read them while at work/travelling (I am looking at you CMANO)
4. I like the case (especially the CMBN original tin case) it goes well with my little military shrine of books, games, figures etc.

Con

Yskonyn


Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 04, 2015, 03:02:08 PM
Every time I see a new post in this thread I think it's going to be a release notice.

+1 ! Lol!


.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

RyanE

The manual is up.  I imagine it won't be long now...

http://community.battlefront.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=2921

For now, you have to be logged into the BFC forum to get it.

Yskonyn

Cool. That usually means release is imminent! Yay! First game of 2015!


.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people