2400 DOS Games streamed online

Started by BanzaiCat, January 05, 2015, 06:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers


Nefaro

Quote from: James Sterrett on January 06, 2015, 09:02:48 PM
https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games/v2

(Via http://gizmodo.com/2-400-ms-dos-games-are-now-free-online-some-of-them-ar-1677816759 )

I have no idea how this is legal.


Wait for some IP Lawyers to get wind of it.  They may be able to dig up someone who has the rights and gives more than one shit about it.  :P

jomni

Let's see what our legal expert Jarhead has to say.

GDS_Starfury

not our monkey, not our circus.

not our problem.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Did anyone figure out the sound? My Lord!!!! They got Seal Team, Gunboat, SWOTL. This could be the greatest discovery since bacon!
Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

jomni

Swotl? Does it still ask for the "spin-a-wheel" DRM?

jomni

This site will lead to the death of GOG

MikeGER

Quote from: jomni on January 07, 2015, 03:11:26 AM
Swotl? Does it still ask for the "spin-a-wheel" DRM?

at least Kampfgruppe asks for a word from the manual  ;) LOL  from a time were "pdf" was just some cryptic misspelling of an acronym and you still got a full blown printed manual 

i have the wheel for Battle of Britain somewhere  O0

gameleaper

I posted about this site before http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=12147.0 but no one bothered :( but glad you guys finaly saw the games now

jomni

Quote from: gameleaper on January 07, 2015, 05:31:48 AM
I posted about this site before http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=12147.0 but no one bothered :( but glad you guys finaly saw the games now

Hehehe.  You should be given a medal for spotting this before the media outlets.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: gameleaper on January 07, 2015, 05:31:48 AM
I posted about this site before http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=12147.0 but no one bothered :( but glad you guys finaly saw the games now

Sorry, gameleaper. I never noticed this first post. :(

I never figured out the sound issues nor some of the other technical issues some of the games had (like that missing disk prompt).

As far as I can tell, all the copy protection stuff is disabled. You will be prompted but just pressing Enter or any response should get you past it.