Main Menu

Alien: Isolation

Started by RooksBailey, January 08, 2014, 04:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Toonces on July 11, 2014, 09:55:08 PM
The trailer was pretty awesome, but I'm going to make the call now:  The game is going to suck.

How do I know?  Because they always, ALWAYS drop the ball on these types of games.  Always.

And what say you now?

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

No, I wasn't meaning to call Toonces out on it. I was genuinely curious what his opinion was now. I assume by the :-[ that he loves it(?).

I still don't own it and can only speak to my experience of watching LP videos of the entire game, which is good enough for me. I really don't need to shit my chair playing this game.  :-\

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

I get the impression that the general consensus is "pleasantly surprised".  Apparently it turned out to be a pretty good survival horror.  The LP videos I've seen are certainly impressive.

JudgeDredd

I keep wanting to play it, but my first encounter with a xenomorph totally freaked me out. So I haven't been back yet!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Silent Disapproval Robot

One of my co-workers has been playing it on his Occulus Rift.  He keeps hitting himself on his furniture when he plays and comes in all bruised.  I really wish I could use the Rift myself but sadly you need two fully functioning eyeballs for it to work.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 11, 2015, 08:46:32 AM
I really wish I could use the Rift myself but sadly you need two fully functioning eyeballs for it to work.

Amblyopia?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

#24
Nope. Damaged optic nerve from the left eye to the brain.  20/100 vision in that eye and it can't be fixed with "lasers".

I did go through all the joys of eye patches and even surgery as a kid before the quacks realized it wasn't amblyopia though so that was fun.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

I haven't played it, BC, but is surely doesn't look like it sucks.  Basically I was completely wrong!   :)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

endfire79

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 11, 2015, 08:46:32 AM
One of my co-workers has been playing it on his Occulus Rift.  He keeps hitting himself on his furniture when he plays and comes in all bruised.  I really wish I could use the Rift myself but sadly you need two fully functioning eyeballs for it to work.
Ouch !
"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."