GOG to start selling LucasArts games

Started by Huw the Poo, October 28, 2014, 02:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

This is all well and good, but gog continues to thumb it's nose at bringing my favorite early rpgs back to life.  Come on where's the AD&D Gold Box series!

Anguille

Star Wars™ Galactic Battlegrounds Saga

Nice game...look forward to play it on my netbook.

Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Anguille

Quote from: Shelldrake on January 20, 2015, 10:13:52 AM
Still no Star Wars: Rebellion.  :(

There will be second group of games this week.  ;)

BanzaiCat

SW: Rebellion disappointed me...sure, you can destroy planets with your Death Star, but it pisses off the locals in the same system and makes them more Rebellion-prone rather than putting them in line like the cowards they are. Also you can't commit mass atrocities with your Stormtrooper legions. :(

Uberhaus

#95
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 20, 2015, 10:20:39 AM
Also you can't commit mass atrocities with your Stormtrooper legions. :(
You want mass atrocities.  Be careful what you wish for:


BanzaiCat


Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 20, 2015, 10:20:39 AM
SW: Rebellion disappointed me...sure, you can destroy planets with your Death Star, but it pisses off the locals in the same system and makes them more Rebellion-prone rather than putting them in line like the cowards they are. Also you can't commit mass atrocities with your Stormtrooper legions. :(


Killing Jawas is a service, not an atrocity.

Ian C

Quote from: Shelldrake on January 20, 2015, 10:13:52 AM
Still no Star Wars: Rebellion.  :(


+1. Just waiting to see this GOG converted to be Win 7 friendly and then happy times.

JasonPratt

Hm, aside from SW properties (and with Grim Fandango already on re-release), what Lucasart properties are we missing?

I for one would love to see a conversion of the PS2 game Gladius -- a fantasy gladiator tactical combat adventure (with a great soundtrack) sure to please any grog! (Sure I can play it on my spare PS2, if I go to the trouble of unpacking and setting it up, but...)

Doubt that will or even could possibly ever happen, sigh. If only the PS4 designers cared about backward compatibility. (Or the later PS3 designers.)

Otherwise... hm, was Outlaw GoG'd yet? Henry Fonda as the hero (instead of villain) of a FPS spaghetti western, using a slightly updated version of the original Dark Forces engine. Also an amazing soundtrack.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Staggerwing

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 20, 2015, 04:07:43 PM
Hm, aside from SW properties (and with Grim Fandango already on re-release), what Lucasart properties are we missing?



Really?

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

I had great fun as the Empire in Rebellion. Tried to destroy an entire system of planets because one had a strong Rebel taint that had leaked out to the other planets - also to "just see" how many blown up planets it would take before the entire universe universally hated the Empire. Answer: It didn't take much. Bunch of spineless cretins.

Nefaro

The one Rebellion game in which I finished building the Death Star as the Empire ended before I used it.

I had a large fleet of star destroyers, interdictors, etc in hyperspace to a system in which I thought the Rebels could be hiding their fleet.  Death Star finished construction and I was busy deciding where I wanted to send it when my fleet arrives out of hyperspace.  I was correct!  Big fleet battle (and planetary assault?), but I won handily and the game was over before my 'lil techno-moon could blast some rebel scum into space dust.

JasonPratt

Re: Swotl etc, oh, right, duh.  ::)

The release list today is X-wing vs Tie; X-wing Alliance; Battlegrounds Saga; Battlefront II; Kotor II; and Dark Forces 1.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 21, 2015, 08:38:41 AM
Re: Swotl etc, oh, right, duh.  ::)

The release list today is X-wing vs Tie; X-wing Alliance; Battlegrounds Saga; Battlefront II; Kotor II; and Dark Forces 1.

That was the release list yesterday.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18