Looking at Friday through the Eyes of a Tired Hub

Started by Jarhead0331, January 23, 2015, 06:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Insurgency, Naval Action, and War Thunder multi-player.

A Sunday excursion on the Rise Of Flight Syndicate server.

Voidexpanse and SW:Rebellion need to be shoehorned in there soon.


Lastly, I have many new shinies for the tabletop.  So if I get confused as to all the above, I can just go old school with space piracy, frozen zombiepocalypses, and trying to weasel my way up the Napoleonic military ladder.



These are great days we're livin in, bros.  We're jolly green giants walking the earth.  With guns.  :)

MengJiao

#16
Quote from: Nefaro on January 23, 2015, 09:03:22 AM
Insurgency, Naval Action, and War Thunder multi-player.

A Sunday excursion on the Rise Of Flight Syndicate server.

Voidexpanse and SW:Rebellion need to be shoehorned in there soon.


Lastly, I have many new shinies for the tabletop.  So if I get confused as to all the above, I can just go old school with space piracy, frozen zombiepocalypses, and trying to weasel my way up the Napoleonic military ladder.



These are great days we're livin in, bros.  We're jolly green giants walking the earth.  With guns.  :)


  This is probably the closest to what I'll be doing:  maybe some RoF, DCS, and definitely some CMANO and WitPAE PBEM and maybe some boardgames and FarCry3.  I might even get the train simulator. 

  Oh, and this just in from Wikipedia:  The early Charlie-class Russian nuclear-powered subs used an anti ship (or nuke) missile the
SS-N-7 Starbright.  I'm going to see if those work at least as antiship missiles in a late 60s environment.

Kushan

#17
Come down with a bug so my usual sick day standbys are on deck;Distant Worlds, EUIV, or Skyrim. Depending on how I'm feeling the rest of the weekend I have some Command OOB work to do and maybe some flights in my Carenado PC-12 in Prepar3D. If schedules can be coordinated maybe some AOW3 MP with MetalDog.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Shelldrake

Quote from: Kushan on January 23, 2015, 09:32:40 AM
Come down with a bug so my usual sick day standbys are on deck; ]Distant Worlds[/b], EUIV, or Skyrim. Depending on how I'm feeling the rest of the weekend I have some Command OOB work to do and maybe some flights in my Carenado PC-12 in Prepar3D. If schedules can be coordinated maybe some AOW3 MP with MetalDog.

Hope you feel better soon Kushan.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Gusington

Feel better Kushan. Lots of germs flying around here and now some snow for.tomorrow...good setup for some East Front gaming :)

Shell I have both the original CoH and the Blitzkrieg mod sitting around here somewhere.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Gary Grigsby's War in the West, for sure. Not certain what else. Last night I played a game of Plague, Inc. and got the brilliant/dumb idea to start an STD with GH ties and start an AAR about it.  :-[

Barthheart

#21
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 23, 2015, 10:40:44 AM
Gary Grigsby's War in the West, for sure. Not certain what else. Last night I played a game of Plague, Inc. and got the brilliant/dumb idea to start an STD with GH ties and start an AAR about it.  :-[

Plague  Inc. is a brilliant little game. I've played it for hours on my iPad.

See here too:
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=1891.0

Nefaro

Quote from: MengJiao on January 23, 2015, 09:24:58 AM


  Oh, and this just in from Wikipedia:  The early Charlie-class Russian nuclear-powered subs used an anti ship (or nuke) missile the
SS-N-7 Starbright.  I'm going to see if those work at least as antiship missiles in a late 60s environment.

Didn't they have to be surfaced to launch them?

JudgeDredd

I don't honestly know.

Perhaps
Fleet Commander Nimitz boardgame
F1 2013
Elite:Dangerous

I have a hankering for getting back into DCS but I have no idea what..A-10, Ka-50 (I do love choppers), Mig-21. I need to choose one and fly it - too much switching about makes it impossible to stay with the sim. I think, though I love copters, it'll have to be the A-10 simply because I'm not enamored with the Ka-50 and the amount of weaponry it can carry.

But I need alot of dedicated time. I do have my startup sheet for the A-10 - and I tried it a month or so ago and fired it up beautifully...so I could be in there.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

tgb

A new Beta build for Sovereignty just dropped unexpectedly, so I will try to shoehorn some time in.

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on January 23, 2015, 10:42:04 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on January 23, 2015, 09:24:58 AM


  Oh, and this just in from Wikipedia:  The early Charlie-class Russian nuclear-powered subs used an anti ship (or nuke) missile the
SS-N-7 Starbright.  I'm going to see if those work at least as antiship missiles in a late 60s environment.

Didn't they have to be surfaced to launch them?

  According to Wikipedia, the Echo class had to surface to fire the Shaddock  -- but the Charlie class could fire its 8 (or really only 6 since 2 were nukes) Starbrights from 30 meters down.  The Starbright had a much shorter range, but firing submerged probably would have made it more effective -- though I guess I'll see.  I suppose I should run the same scenario a few times with Echos and a few times with Charlies.

Sir Slash

Very busy weekend so probably just Skyrim-- cleaning out the Skooma Dealers in Riften. Too much Skooma makes you look like this. :crazy2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 23, 2015, 10:46:22 AM
I think, though I love copters, it'll have to be the A-10 simply because I'm not enamored with the Ka-50 and the amount of weaponry it can carry.



Are you kidding?  The Vikhr AT missles are great, easy to use, and you can carry a buttload of them.  They may not be as fancy as Mavericks but you'll get more bang for the weight and it can be fun locking ground targets and spiralling them out from range.  I don't leave home without them, even in the Su-25T. 

My biggest issue with the Black Shark is the backwards ass autopilot trim system mixed with the previous issue of the joystick still being active after you enable it at the spot you want.  The latter part was fixed in an update - there is a checkbox to allow you time to ease off the stick after setting the trim.  Still takes getting used to because it seems all backwards to me; having to hold down the button to temporarily turn that autopilot trim OFF instead of just being an ON/OFF toggle.  Being always on unless you temporarily force it to stop.  Chalk it up to Russian thinking.  ;D

JudgeDredd

The trim was and still is the thing that throws me from the Ka-50. Oh - and when I said "the amount of weaponry it can carry"...I was referring to that being a positive and the A-10...I wasn't suggesting the Ka-50 didn't carry a lot of gear - it does. But control gets me everytime and I always seem to fight the Shark.

I had forgotten I had the Su-25 actually. Maybe I could take that one....but...my love is with the Hog.  >:D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

steve58

Probably some Hegemony Rome The Rise of Caesar and also some Infinfactory...an impulse/instabuy for me once I saw it was from the makers of SpaceChem.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)