Decisive Campaigns: Warsaw to Paris on Steam

Started by Philippe, January 22, 2015, 03:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Philippe

Decisive Campaigns: Warsaw to Paris has just been released on Steam.  And yes, I think it's on sale on Steam for the week of release.


My mod for this game is designed to install inside the Matrix version, so I whipped up a Steam version of the mod which you can download here:


https://app.box.com/s/bo7hn04awe9wzlps20aklfmcwq9vz6hy


Normally I include my e-mail address inside the program notes of all my mods, but since there are very few wargamers on Steam and manners there are almost as bad as on the Paradox forums, I decided it was better not to include it in the Steam version.  Such are the perils of bringing the Gospel to the great unwashed.


Screenshots from the mod can be found in this thread at the Matrix forums:


http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3768892


I don't seem to have started a thread on Grogheads announcing the non-Steam version of this particular mod (I think it's included in a thread about Case Blue).  That's one reason why I didn't post a link to this site. If the moderators want, I could always recreate such a thread and post links to it at Steam: in the unlikely event that someone drifted over here the experience might change their lives.  Hopefully for the better.





Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Philippe

#1
As an additional note, I wasn't aware of this when I put together the Steam version of the mod, but Steam has version 1.53 of the game and Matrix is is using 1.52g.

There are probably a few other things different as well, but 1.52g wasn't invoking the Belgian unit symbols and they now work in 1.53, so if anyone was hesitating about getting a Steam key, the Steam version seems more up to date.

If you play the standard Case Yellow scenario, Belgian units will now use the Belgian roundel, but to get blue Luftwaffe units with the Luftwaffe symbol you'll have to play my Fall Gelb special scenario.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Slick Wilhelm


panzerde

Philippe, you are a prince among men.


Anyone that doesn't have this and is at all interested in the era should grab both the game and this mod!

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

JasonPratt

I already own WtP (I don't think the next one yet), so I should certainly make sure it's registered at Slitherine and then get the Steam key.

(And Philippe's graphic mod. :) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

panzerde

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 23, 2015, 09:06:45 AM
I already own WtP (I don't think the next one yet), so I should certainly make sure it's registered at Slitherine and then get the Steam key.

(And Philippe's graphic mod. :) )


Case Blue is much more playable, I think, than WitE. It doesn't cover the entire war though, of course.

From a PBEM perspective I think what Jim and I are finding is that at least in the short CB scenario (which is not that short!) the Soviet player is going to have a tough time of it no matter what. It isn't a case of the Soviets winning or not, it's a case of trying to not lose badly. The scenario stops at the end of August, right before the massive Soviet reinforcements hit. So, the Soviet player is always dealing with a dwindling force pool and some pretty massive VP and prestige point hits if he trades ground for time too aggressively.

It's a pretty darn good blitzkrieg simulator, though. :-)

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres