Looking at Friday through the Eyes of a Tired Hub

Started by Jarhead0331, January 23, 2015, 06:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cyrano

DC: Case Blue with Doug...who just finished whooping my Rooskies in Flashpoint Campaigns...

This will, of course, require Doug and I to play another game...

Naval Action

Ogre: Deluxe Edition demo at a local game store, if the scheduling works out, otherwise I'm just going to play a lot of Ogre, which isn't a bad thing...

Warfighter must happen.

King of New York and Memoir '44 with the family

Continue to debate with myself if I will purchase WWIIE or wait until it exits what appears to amount to BETA.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Gusington

Steve what do you think of Hegemony: Rise of Rome? I bought it @ the Steam Xmas Orgy but haven't touched it yet because of Rome II.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

#32
Quote from: bob48 on January 23, 2015, 07:21:11 AM
Awww :'(

However, we may still be able to get some of our AoW game in later?

Sounds good.  As usual, if you see me on, ping me.  There's a good chance I am not doing much of anything.  Even if I am in game ;)  You, too, Kushan.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Toonces

I'm gonna stick with my staples of CK2 and Morrowind.  I'm on quite a roll with this playthrough as Scotland.

I might break out Talisman that I picked up on Humble Bundle as well.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

Ultimate Gettysburg was still just fine, but after restarting the campaign (and messing around a little with a game I beat a couple of years ago, Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters, which aside from not being able to fly at will is quite a great adaptation of the property, light-years better than the film it sequelizes), I decided to try something in the library I hadn't opened yet: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. Started with the DLC prequel mission which was naturally a bit confusing since I didn't know how to play it at all, but after being cheaply killed by a charging elite whasihoosis (though I was doing well up to then, a good 20 minutes into the mission) I restarted the campaign properly.

True, yes, it isn't X-Com gameplay, but it's Brothers In Arms (another series I've been meaning to get back to) plus X-Comish elements plus the 50s, so I'm happy.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on January 23, 2015, 06:54:45 AM
^ Got FE a couple of weeks ago.  Played some and see it's similar to a fantasy Civ, but, it's not really grabbing me like I want it to.  What's your secret?

I will definitely try some more Fallen Enchantress and Skyrim this weekend.  And if any of my MP partners are about, some Warlock or Age of WOnders III.

I'm not sure there is a secret.   I just think that it's developed into a well made 4X game. 

MetalDog

Well, it's entirely too soon for me to judge.  And I am playing on the easiest setting.  Speaking of Civ, played a quick game of BtS.  I say quick because I quit, I'm sorry, retired, about a hundred and forty Turns in.  Seems to be what most of my solo Civ's have been like in the past couple of months.  It's ok though.  I'm learning.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Blucher

War in the East mostly. I am thinking of starting a game of Icewind Dale 2 which is in my RPG backlog.

JudgeDredd

Seems I won't be playing F1 2013 anymore.

Starting a new career after completing one simply puts you back where you were. I'm listed 16th in the driver rankings and Maldonado is 14th...and I kicked his arse last series.

I think my Williams team came 4th or 5th with me around 8th in the drivers. So why am I listed as 16th in the season start rankings?

What a disappointment. The one time I finish a career in an F1 game and there's no apparent progression. :'(
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JasonPratt

I thought I should take a moment to clarify that my resolution to (mostly) avoid buying new games this year, does not extend to DLC.

This clarification has been brought to you by the new Operation Star DLCs which released yesterday.

(Though I haven't bought those yet. I'm just saying.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/336850

http://store.steampowered.com/app/336851
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Skwerl

So far for me it's a mixed bag:

Grid Autosport
Omerta City of Gangsters
Making History - The Calm and the Storm
Last Federation



Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 24, 2015, 09:31:02 AM
I thought I should take a moment to clarify that my resolution to (mostly) avoid buying new games this year, does not extend to DLC.

This clarification has been brought to you by the new Operation Star DLCs which released yesterday.

(Though I haven't bought those yet. I'm just saying.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/336850

http://store.steampowered.com/app/336851

Those did not release yesterday. They released a few weeks ago.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


MetalDog

Lost another Civ IV BtS solo.  Got 300 Turns in, Justinian asked me to go to war with Bismarck.  I agreed as Bis was the same tech level as me.  The very next turn, Pacal declared on me.  He was bigger, with better tech and a larger army.  Time to bail.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

#44
I don't need the stress of a foregone conclusion.  I don't mind the losing so much if I know I am going to have my head handed to me.  I'm not going to stick around to watch it though.  I would rather just win ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob