Scourge of War: Manassas Mod Released

Started by RooksBailey, January 24, 2015, 04:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RooksBailey

Just saw this on Facebook:

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifications/65298-manassas-map-released

QuoteName: Manassas
Author: Mark S. Tewes

This map covers both the 1st and 2nd Manassas battle areas. It also includes OOBs for both battles.

Note: These screenshots were taken using the GCM Terrain mod. It is recomended that this mod is enabled along with the map. You can download it here: www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifications/54639-gcm-terrain-mod#54639

IMPORTANT: This map requires The Anniversary edition, or Chancellorsville and Antietam to work correctly. The map will still run fine without it, but you will get an error on load and you will be missing some buildings.

Can't wait to give it a try!
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Nefaro


panzerde

This is just what I was wishing for about two weeks ago when I was reading about 1st Manassas. Off to grab this right away!

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

sandman2575

I'm kicking myself for not buying the SoW 150th anniversary edition when it was on sale a while back...

Nefaro

Quote from: sandman2575 on January 24, 2015, 07:32:48 PM
I'm kicking myself for not buying the SoW 150th anniversary edition when it was on sale a while back...

I plan on getting back into some Co-Op before the Waterloo version shows up.  Doing some 2nd Manassas in the SOW version would be wonderful.

JasonPratt

Considering the history of this game, I'm a bit surprised (or maybe not surprised?) this hasn't been done already.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

sandman2575

I'm increasingly looking forward to SoW Waterloo, esp. since it's really starting to look like Histwar Napoleon is never going to come together as originally envisioned. Never took the plunge on HWLG as HW Napoleon looked like it was going to be such an improvement, but I'm not going to hold my breath at this point, since Waterloo looks like it's going to actually deliver the goods...