Homeworld Remastered Available for Pre-Order

Started by Jarhead0331, January 25, 2015, 02:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

Quote from: mirth on January 25, 2015, 05:36:51 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 25, 2015, 05:09:09 PM
I honestly think its one of the top 10 pc games of all time.

Panthers in the Fog?

That game was so awesome he's still searching for the words to describe it.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: mirth on January 25, 2015, 05:36:51 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 25, 2015, 05:09:09 PM
I honestly think its one of the top 10 pc games of all time.

Panthers in the Fog?

dont be stupid.  pitf was horrible.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


panzerde

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

I was feeling verbose at the moment.

back to a redone HW.  I really hope the first one is redone with HW2s interface and I cant wait to see the new models up close.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

why has no other 3d space rts gotten it so right since then?



Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


sandman2575

^ have to agree -- the only one that comes close in my book is Sins of a Solar Empire -- which is a superb game, but somehow lacks the space-opera epic-ness of Homeworld.

GDS_Starfury

the ship designs make sense.
the backrounds are a near perfect balance on color and interest.
the interface and camera are the easiest Ive ever seen for controlling something so complex.
I used to LOVE setting up an attack and then going into pilot mode.

funny story.... the current pc that Im using I built this spring.  I fried 2 cpus before getting the bios and setting right and both times I was bench testing HW2 when the temp ran away.  I've since solved the problem and didnt have to pay for the nuked chips.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


JasonPratt

#39
Quote from: panzerde on January 25, 2015, 02:38:56 PM
Quote from: mirth on January 25, 2015, 02:36:14 PM
That should be the end of my no new games pledge.

Wait - did you already own these games in the original version? If so, you aren't really buying a new game, you're just "refreshing" an already existing purchase!  ;)

I came here to say something similar.  ;D


On the other hand, if Catacalysm ;) isn't included, I may be able to wait a year. (I see 1 and 2, but no mention of HW:Cata.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

I loved the mechanics but not the ship design in Cata. 

ooooh... but the siege gun!  :smitten:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


panzerde

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 25, 2015, 09:26:46 PM
why has no other 3d space rts gotten it so right since then?

Worse, I don't think anyone has even come close. It all just comes together so well in these games. I'm not a big RTS player, and don't care much for base building, but these games will always have a place on my computer.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.



jomni

#44
Never played this but it looks really nice.  I'm drawn to the massive space battles.