Big winter storm on the way!

Started by Shelldrake, January 26, 2015, 07:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

endfire79

We have winter storms here all the time and the subway works.  I'm still shaking my head at why NYC thought it had to close the subway because of this storm.   
I guess because a lot of train routes are above ground and there was worry about snow on those tracks?
"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."

LongBlade

Quote from: endfire79 on January 27, 2015, 10:39:44 PM
We have winter storms here all the time and the subway works.  I'm still shaking my head at why NYC thought it had to close the subway because of this storm.   
I guess because a lot of train routes are above ground and there was worry about snow on those tracks?

Probably they were worried about the workers coming to work. If it were really that bad, you just want people to stay safe.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MikeGER


endfire79

S'no problem, general veers sent in reinforcements

"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."

Gusington

Ha that is an awesome pic.

The last snowpocalypse saw a lot of busses and trains get stranded in the middle of the storm in NYC, where they sat for days. That's why the city shut everything down this time, despite the forecast being inaccurate.

Oh well more snow tomorrow and Monday. Time to resume panicking.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Shelldrake

Quote from: Gusington on January 28, 2015, 09:13:44 AM

Oh well more snow tomorrow and Monday. Time to resume panicking.

Looks like Old Man Winter isn't packing his bags anytime soon.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

mirth

#82
Screw it. I'm starting to enjoy working from home. A beer at lunch is a nice bennie.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

I watched that last night.  pretty damn funny.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

you haven't had 8 inches so many times since our last date.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 28, 2015, 08:00:47 PM
you haven't had 8 inches so many times since our last date.

Unlike you, Old Man Winter doesn't need a strap on to provide 8 inches.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus