CM: Black Sea RELEASED!!!!

Started by Jarhead0331, January 30, 2015, 11:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

I always found the mods too much hassle when I looked. Mod for this tank. Mod for that tank. Mod for Rangers. Mod for Parachute troops. Mod for rifle sounds. Mod for SMG sounds.

Way, way too much hassle. I of course appreciate the hard work people put into them...but knowing what mods to use and which ones always seemed like incredibly hard work
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

endfire79

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 30, 2015, 02:05:33 PM
I always found the mods too much hassle when I looked. Mod for this tank. Mod for that tank. Mod for Rangers. Mod for Parachute troops. Mod for rifle sounds. Mod for SMG sounds.

Way, way too much hassle. I of course appreciate the hard work people put into them...but knowing what mods to use and which ones always seemed like incredibly hard work

I hear you on that one Dredd.  I lost a lot of time for adding mods in other games. I really wanted a game that was great from the get go, with regular fixes or improvements.
"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."

sandman2575

No question setting up a proper "Z" folder for your CM mods -- downloading hundreds of different vehicle skins, landscape and building retextures, uniforms, and other effects etc. etc. etc. -- and then getting some not to override others -- is a Gigantic Pain In The Ass. 

But that said -- I think it's totally worth it!  Once you've got it set up, just back it up somewhere safe, and you're good to go for years.

I'm constantly amazed at just how good CMx2 looks and sounds with the mods that are available for it.  It's stunning -- considerably better than Graviteam Tactics overall (although GTOS does create a wintry landscape and lighting gloominess that's hard to match), to say nothing of games like Company of Heroes or Men of War.

I guess it's all about what you're willing to put up with.  CMx2 out of the box looks and sounds fine, certainly good enough for an enjoyable experience.  But the look you can get with mods is for me transformative -- almost like what you get in the difference b/t vanilla and tricked out Skyrim.

Nefaro

Quote from: sandman2575 on January 30, 2015, 01:50:16 PM
I hope some of the terrific modders like Aris will turn their talents to Black Sea.

He did a cloud mod for WOFF last year which became official in it's expansion.  I remember some of his terrain stuff for the old CMs too.  O0

JudgeDredd

I'm done looking tonight...I might try again later if I can be bothered

For all you lucky sods that have it tonight, good luck, enjoy and post impressions back here asap pls.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Con

Snuck out of work for this one.  Its downloading now going slow must be a lot of preorders on this one O0

Con

endfire79

Quote from: fabius on January 30, 2015, 12:22:55 PM
Was going to buy pre order until I saw shipping cost of £27 !!

is it a shipping cost only to UK orders?

Anyone know what's the shipping cost for North American orders?
"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: endfire79 on January 30, 2015, 02:40:42 PM
Quote from: fabius on January 30, 2015, 12:22:55 PM
Was going to buy pre order until I saw shipping cost of £27 !!

is it a shipping cost only to UK orders?

Anyone know what's the shipping cost for North American orders?

Its foreign shipping that is the issue. Domestic ship rates are standard.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 30, 2015, 02:03:09 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 30, 2015, 12:01:56 PM
Yeah...it actually says in the email not to tell anyone because it may result in a surge of pre-orders, but I can't download until I get home tonight anyway... :'(
After yer shite trick last night, why not let me download it for you JH?  :P

I only did it because I love you. We hurt the ones we love the most.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


fabius

It is here!!!

Regular order download  :D

MikeGER


Grim.Reaper

Got my regular order too...will download tonight

Con

You villinous scum are slowing down my pre order download....how rude ;D

Cyrano

Looking at about 3 hours here on a pretty fat pipe...

Then again, we all remember when something weighing in at roughly 5g would have been DAYS.

Really must calculate how long this would have taken at 2400 BAUD.

Jim
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

sandman2575

Any word on whether Black Sea features a campaign (or better, campaigns) - ?  Haven't seen word on this over at Battlefront.